What are the best shocks for the Rocket?

Pegasus

.060 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket Roadster
I've got the Progressive 440's and they're good, but not the best. If price is not a factor, what do you Captains think are the best shocks for the Rocket? I ask because I've had 2 detached retinas in 14 months (they're fine now) and I need to reduce the vibration as much as possible regardless of price to lessen the chances of it happening again.

I have the works street trackers on my Rocket,They work good custom made to my specs realy improved the handling and ride.They also make a quick adjustable rate shock for easy spring rate changes 8)

Reg...I've got the 12.5 inch standard Progressive 440's recommended by Progressive for the Rocket.

Dago and Tri...did you switch to the Works Performance from the Progressives or from the stock shocks?

Anyone know how the Wilbers compare to the Works since I know some of you like the Wilbers a lot?

Remember your post says "if price is not a factor", In that case I would look hard at Works - Pro Piggyback shocks. In years past I worked at a Yamaha - Kawaski dealer and we set many customers up with Works shocks.

In my case I am on a budget and ordered Progressive 440s, hard to beat at the price MAW is selling them for (hopefully).

Peg I replaced the stock shocks as soon as I could they were way to rough rideing I was getting bounced out of the saddle,Went with the nonpiggyback model since I am useing corbin bags,Cost was $450 with shipping,To order you have to call ther tech line they will need to know your weight with gear on,If you ride with a pillion,How much luggage you carry etc,Proably the best mod I have made to my Rocket :D

I think the best shock
is the look on the Harley
riders face , when you
blow by them :shock:
Sorry couldn't resist that one :lol:
I'll go back in my corner now :oops:

wayne

Back