Went for a look....

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Saturday morning and four of us left Christchurch at 9.00am and headed North...Shortly after we hooked up with another cobber on a Bobber. Man she's a wee sweet bike...goes real well too with the new 1200 motor.
We got to Cheviot about an hour later and stopped for coffee and to talk over where we would go to. My thoughts were to get to Kaikoura about 150 kms from where we were, gas up and head further north to have a look at the damage and repair work on our main road after the huge earthquake we had. I hadn't been up there since that shake up. We all agreed and set off.
There are alot of stop start sections due to the on going roadworks but despite all this we had a great ride up and a better ride back as the sun was shining on us all the way.
Probably covered around 450kms.
20180901_103516.jpg
20180901_103526.jpg
20180901_112006.jpg

Wow looks great.

Thanks for the invite just a shame that the wife gone of to the Pink concert.

Next time.

what a beautiful day for a ride. christchurch is my favorite city, shame about the earthquakes. how're repairs coming on the church?

Thanks for the update on progress. Got foiled on my last attempt to ride SH1 south from Picton via Kaikoura this year so give it a year or so before I try again. That being around Feb/March 2020. Should work well in with the Burt Munro Challenge & family commitments on the North Island.

I'm going for a look tomorrow at Kaikoura with a work mate on his little 1800 cc Suzuki bully should be good ride

Thanks for the great photos of your trip. I really appreciate it when the girls and guys take the time to show off their cities, towns, communities, and countrysides. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back