Went down Saturday

Wetrudgeon

Supercharged
All:
We failed to negotiate a tight left hand turn and went down on Sat. Somehow (not sure how, things happen pretty fast in a crash) the back tire got off the pavement and we were high sided into the road side ditch at around 35mph. Cracked a rib and dinged up the right shoulder. The Beast is dinged up pretty good, but mainly cosmetic stuff. Pretty sore today, but hopefully we are on the mind and the ins will put things right on the Beast again.

All please ride safe and pay attention to what you are doing.

We trudge on.

Ouch! Glad you are ok, it could have been a lot worse.

I witnessed exactly that type of crash a few years ago riding the levee roads around here. A couple on a harley about 100 years ahead of me went around a left curve just a wee bit too wide, caught the front tire in the dirt and high sided down the levee. I thought for sure they would be seriously injured or worse and this was pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately they were just bruised and dazed.

It was so fast, first they were upright, then they were gone. The difference between upright and down is not much in motorcycling.

Dang WeTrudgeOn,
glad you're still around to tell us about it.
Could have been a lot worse for sure.
Any idea what caused it,
bad Metz, unsafe car tire?
Mend quick, don't worry about the ugly parts on the bike,
some strive towards that goal.;)

Glad to hear you're OK. As you said, pay attention to what your doing. It's bad enough that a majority of people still don't see us out there. Heal up soon.

"We failed to negotiate a tight left hand turn " that is what caused it Skip. the biggest cause of single motorcycle accidents with no cars involved is in corners or curves and as said failing to negotiate the turn, entering to fast, trying to brake to hard with the bike not straight etc etc etc.
I teach this stuff every weekend and a lot of the students think you are kidding.
Glad you are okay and hopefully it is a mistake you will not make again.

It was a left-hander that got me last year. A couple hours of twisties can wear you out, physically and mentally, more than you realize.

Back