Well, the night started out great

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
Went for a ride down the shore of Lake Michigan to take in the sunset and get something to eat. Headed home after dark which is something we rarely do. We discussed deer and decided she would look left and I would look right. Had the brights on and was going well under the 50 mph speed limit when a deer shot right out in front of us. Rode to the hospital in an ambulance. Melissa is banged up on her left side. Don't think anything is broke. I'm a little scraped up but nothing serious. Bike is totaled. More tomorrow.

Last edited:
Oh No ! Sorry to here this, especially when you were fully aware of the problem and taking precautions !

At the moment I'm thinking there is no sure fire way to ride at night (in my area anyway) and not be in danger of hitting a deer. I can't think of anything else we could have done shy of riding 5 mph.

At the moment I'm thinking there is no sure fire way to ride at night (in my area anyway) and not be in danger of hitting a deer. I can't think of anything else we could have done shy of riding 5 mph.
Dress head to toe in camo, and carry a rifle. That always seems to make the deer hide from me. :(

Back