Well that was quite enough excitement for a year or so.

barbagris

Mad Scientist
Ride
1979 Guzzi V1000G5 - 2018 KTM 790 Duke
Was at may mate's workshop - as is my habit most Thursdays.

We had been repairing one of the hydraulic benches. Just tidying up and WHUUMP - the whole building shook and all sorts of crud fell from the roof.

Brief moment of WTF? and we headed outside - massive pall of dark black smoke.

After an hour or so the police advised everybody to leave the area in a radius of 2kms. Could see the smoke from our house - almost 40miles away.

Waste recycling place. Well it was.

Wow! Lucky you weren't closer. Wonder what caused it. Don't those places put out a fair amount of methane?

Now that's a fire !
I once rebuilt an industrial unit where an unrestrained acetylene bottle fell over and caught the regulator on the side of an anvil .
The bottle torpedoed right thru the far wall which sparked the electrics , ignited the acetylene and blew the other 3 walls clean out . Killed the 1 guy who was working there at the time and the blast was heard for miles !

I can surely
Was at may mate's workshop - as is my habit most Thursdays.

We had been repairing one of the hydraulic benches. Just tidying up and WHUUMP - the whole building shook and all sorts of crud fell from the roof.

Brief moment of WTF? and we headed outside - massive pall of dark black smoke.

After an hour or so the police advised everybody to leave the area in a radius of 2kms. Could see the smoke from our house - almost 40miles away.

Waste recycling place. Well it was.
I can truly relate to that. 12 years ago today the hazardous waste plant I managed suffered and explosion and catastrophic fire

The bottle torpedoed right thru the far wall which sparked the electrics ,
When I first stared work; the health and safety talk included a LIVE demo of the reg getting smashed off an acetylene with just compressed air in. Was mounted on a sled and aimed into an earth bank. They just moved the sled a bit each year and left the old bottles embedded into the earth. Was cheaper than digging them out. All your lovely tax pounds at work there.

When I first stared work; the health and safety talk included a LIVE demo of the reg getting smashed off an acetylene with just compressed air in. Was mounted on a sled and aimed into an earth bank. They just moved the sled a bit each year and left the old bottles embedded into the earth. Was cheaper than digging them out. All your lovely tax pounds at work there.
Some of them at least , the rest goes on tweaking the legal system for those that can't decide what gender they wanna be ! :thumbsdown:

Back