Well that was a new one...

jthree

Turbocharged
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic
Riding the R to work this morning. Traveling on the highway, in the left of the right lane when I heard a noise to my right. I looked over and to my shock and horror, a car was passing me to the right in my lane! (this would be like the left for my Brit and Aussie friends) I was doing about 50mph which was the traffic speed at the time. Thankfully I had room to move into the middle lane to get away from the moron. Once along side I, oh so politely, suggested he may be more comfortable riding a camel. Maybe not PC but I don't care.
Be careful out there.

I had the same thing happen to me, except it was an old lady. I was polite and said nothing though. She was way too old to be driving. everybody beware, the're out there.

Unfortunately, with the majority of my riding being in-city during rush hour, I have lost track of the number of times cars have decided that my lane was theirs. The first time was years ago AS I WAS RIDING HOME FROM GETTING MY LICENSE! It was a lady in a minivan yakking on her cellphone that didn't look over until her mirror actually hit my shoulder. She yelled "Oh **** I just hit a biker!" and took off. I have learned that fluted knuckle guards are quite effective educational tools for removing mirrors from idiots that don't look where they're going.:mad:

now now fellas, no need for violence. I had a toyota landcruiser do a similar thing to me whilst riding the Ducati one day. Without any aggression i did my best at trying to clean his door for him with my boot. Opps. Anyway when he decided he was pretty tuff because he was in a 4WD and I was on a bike he tried cutting me off and pushing me into the emergency lane. Fortunately I was expecting him to be silly so I showed him how much better a Ducati's brakes are.

Being a concerned citizen, I thought Id keep an eye on him so kept a healthy distance and at the next set of lights i went over to check if he was ok. Well the poor fella didn't know how to use his window so i helped communication by fixing the problem of him not being able to hear with his window up. Lets just say after a minute or so, he was most apologetic and gave me the greatest assurity that he would never intentionally act like that again.

Once again being a concerned citizen i took his rego and a few weeks later dropped in to his house just to make sure that we understood each other well.

You see, there is no need for aggression. you just need to communicate appropriately.

That said, the smartest thing to do is just give them room, back off and keep safe. I promise I am growing up, its just taking time.

Anyway, on the topic, glad the twit missed you mate.

Keep safe one and all!

now now fellas, no need for violence. I had a toyota landcruiser do a similar thing to me whilst riding the Ducati one day. Without any aggression i did my best at trying to clean his door for him with my boot. Opps. Anyway when he decided he was pretty tuff because he was in a 4WD and I was on a bike he tried cutting me off and pushing me into the emergency lane. Fortunately I was expecting him to be silly so I showed him how much better a Ducati's brakes are.

Being a concerned citizen, I thought Id keep an eye on him so kept a healthy distance and at the next set of lights i went over to check if he was ok. Well the poor fella didn't know how to use his window so i helped communication by fixing the problem of him not being able to hear with his window up. Lets just say after a minute or so, he was most apologetic and gave me the greatest assurity that he would never intentionally act like that again.

Once again being a concerned citizen i took his rego and a few weeks later dropped in to his house just to make sure that we understood each other well.

You see, there is no need for aggression. you just need to communicate appropriately.

That said, the smartest thing to do is just give them room, back off and keep safe. I promise I am growing up, its just taking time.

Anyway, on the topic, glad the twit missed you mate.

Keep safe one and all!

That's the way Ponter, replace road rage with road communication! Make the world a better place. :D

About 25 years ago a mates farther was wingeing to us that he had accidently cut off a motor cycle that morning on the way to work. At the next set of lights the bike pulled up beside him and smashed his gloved fist down on his rear veiw mirror smashing it off. Then calmly said to him if your not using it you won't be needing it then sat there for another minute or so till the lights changed. Apparently the new fangled electric mirror on his new Fairlane was a bit expensive.

The truth is what is just dollars if a car clips another car .. if it's a car clipping a bike that rider may never walk right again. Taken off my share of mirrors and booted just as many door skins in. Realise cars have blind spots ... i've cut a bike off once and i look for them. Never attacked a vehicle or it's driver when it's obviously a genuine accident. Not paying attention or just not looking is a completly different story in my book.

Back