Welcome to the 2010 Thunderbird Forum!

I think I want one, can't wait to do a test ride! I would probably have to keep the Rocket though, and convince my wife that two Triumphs in the garage would be an absolute necessity.:D

If I didn't already have the Rocket pretty close to where I want it, I would be really interested in one of these! If this had come out before the Rocket, I will have to say I probably wouldn't be a Rocket owner. I'm spoiled to torque now though... :)

The rear one is disguised as flat finder. Just kidding I think...not. About the bike OH. It is a good looking machine no doubt about it. It will appeal to those who like it's styling and I would kick the tires on one for sure but it wont take my rockets place, no way.

Dissection time......

The seat is very reminiscent of the solo seat for the R3. I'll bet Corbone makes a killing on aftermarket seats. That seat looks to me like a numb butter in a half hour....

I like the way the bike 'flows'.... It's very symmetrical, especially the pullback bars, styled brake and clutch levers (bet they are high buck) and the nut crack'in style mirrors. I don't particularly like the on the tank instrumentation, never have but that's the HD, bar bike poser look, I prefer my gages in my face. I has the R3 taillight assembly....looks to be LED which is good. I'd prefer LED taillights over incandescent, they are brighter, less chance of corrosion and should never need changed...all good points. I've been nosing around and considering making an LED taillight insert for the R3.

I see it has forward controls...with some long linkages. I'd like to ride one and see what the riding position is like. Usually, forward controls without foot boards allows you very little movement....floorboards would be a nice touch. After all, it's a cruiser, not a peg dragger.

I see it's belt final drive. Personally, I've never been a fan of a belt final drive, especially if belt replacement requires major disassembly of the engine (as in HD). I've always felt that a belt final drive makes a bike look like a Whizzer (I'm giving my age away). I prefer a drive shaft or even an 'O' or 'X' ring chain. Modern, sealed lubricant chain assemblies are clean and reliable and drive shafts last forever (well, almost all the time, the R3 is an exception). If the drive cogs can be accessed with major disassembly, that would be a plus. I've seen more than one belt drive destroy itself from ingestion of a small stone between the cog and belt.

I'm presuming the bike is head-to-head competition with the Honda VTX1800 as well as the Suzuki M109 Boulevard. If it is, it will fit right in. However, having said that, it won't replace my R3Classic, even with it's blender sound.:)

Hey lets take up a collection an buye me one and I'll let you all know how it is:D
I want one for an around towner and to work and back. Will need sidecar for kiddos though.

I like how they were able to make a smooth flowing exhaust system without any protruding screws and without the use of an "exhaust log" like we got.. :)

I don't know if I like the actual mufflers, they look too mid 80's Japanese.. but I don't know what I would replace them with either.. so guess I can't complain.. :)

Back