Ride
2004 Rocket
Got a weird problem.
Bike runs fine. But the motor won't stop unless I remove the 15a fuse as in the photo.
With or without the ignition switch connected, everytime I put the 15a fuse back in place.
It's proper twisting my melon man.

Attachments

• 20180716_183425.jpg
    20180716_183425.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1
Got a weird problem.
Bike runs fine. But the motor won't stop unless I remove the 15a fuse as in the photo.
With or without the ignition switch connected, everytime I put the 15a fuse back in place.
It's proper twisting my melon man.
Have you followed some of the suggestions in your other thread for the same issue?
Vehicle wiring can be very tricky...if testing the ignition switch is beyond what you can do, I suggest taking the bike to someone who can.
Does the kill switch work?

If it continues to run key in or out until a fuse is pulled as you say, you most definitely have a short to ground in the ignition switch or circuit. Whatever is shorted to ground is tricking the ecu into being in run mode and keeping things going until it sees the circuit that fuse controls go dead when the fuse comes out.

Start in the ignition switch as they are known to be faulty. I am assuming you ride classic or standard. Triumph thought it a good idea to switch absolutely every circuit in the bike through a plastic switch, so it gets hot and warps or melts. After that, you are looking at the joy of troubleshooting connectors and the loom.

Cheers Jason.
I've even disconnected the ignition switch out of the loom completely and the fuse still makes the stepper motor and fuel pump still whirr.
Guess I'll like around some more.

Cheers Jason.
I've even disconnected the ignition switch out of the loom completely and the fuse still makes the stepper motor and fuel pump still whirr.
Guess I'll like around some more.
It’s a hard one to help with remotely...download the wiring diagram and make sure the wire colours match up with each connector..

Did it just start doing this outta the blue ? Have any new accessories been added to the bike ? Sounds like something is back feeding power to the ECU.

Back