Web Site Usage Tips

webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't done this here in a while, thought I would post a combination of my common-recommendations:

• R3Owners.Net isn't subjected to alpha-tests any longer, but I still try things here from time to time. As a result, it's a good idea to clear your browser temporary files and cookies.
  • The positive result of the efforts are function improvements that you may not completely benefit from until you do the previously-mentioned item.
  • Learn to use the Search Features in both the main-bar and in the sub-forums. All words are indexed and retrieved using advanced mechanisms not usually available to forums this size; so take advantage of it.
  • Don't connect your computer directly to your internet connection, use a firewall. In other words, go to any local snazzy electronics store and pick up a firewall device (Best Buy, Circuit City, & etc), and no one will fault you for contacting your local computer geek if you want to do something more advanced. Even if you run internet-security software on your computer, an external device is inexpensive protection for a variety of potential issues.
  • Utilize a Windows-Cleaner program. The function is so common these days that just about anything will do. I still use CCleaner, it's free, but again whatever you prefer will likely suffice.
  • If you keep your internet connection "always-on", it may be beneficial for you to turn it and your router/firewall occasionally. As previously-mentioned, inexpensive devices are worthwhile protection but they tend to clog-up after a while and need a power-cycle to function normally. This also applies to most cable and DSL modems.
  • When posting on R3Owners.Net, don't forget to include some Tags in the Tags field below the post entry if you want to provide some added benefit for the community. Search Engines also like to pick up these tags, so if your contribution is going to benefit others, include whatever you feel is necessary.
  • I don't display upcoming Events (outside of the calendar) on this site, but anyone can submit something for the Event Calendar. All submissions are Moderated but usually display right away. If things change, I'll add something that displays upcoming events from the calendar.
  • The Photo Albums automatically process larger file-uploads, but will accommodate most digital camera pics without modification. Technically, there is only one Member Album, but I can add others if the community wishes.
Hope this helps,

Back