tails

Turbocharged
Ride
roadster 2015 matt black.
due to the crap lights on my 2015 roadster,i need to replace the bulbs .
i do not like the led lights even though i suppose there better ?
i want to keep the h4,s if thats correct ?
can i without melting anything replace the bulbs with brighter one,s ie,night breakers i fitted to my car ?

The LED will give you best light, better bulbs will help but the stock Triumph units have terrible optics. Look into replacing them with good quality units and a high output bulb. You will still be disappointed if you just change the bulbs. Candlepower has some nice ones.

I used PIAA Super White H4 bulbs, about $50 a pair back then.

I also switched to E-code (European) reflector housings for a clean cutoff of low beam.
Hella makes them.

I switched to the cheap Funloves recently.

Before I switched to LED's I put 100W hi-intensity H4's in.............. 2-3 weeks later the left plug socket melted & shorted out. I cut the plugs off & replaced them with the hi temp bakelite or ceramic plug sockets. That will be a must if you replace with high watt H4 bulbs (non LED)

Last edited:
The LED will give you best light, better bulbs will help but the stock Triumph units have terrible optics. Look into replacing them with good quality units and a high output bulb. You will still be disappointed if you just change the bulbs. Candlepower has some nice ones.
ALL you need is the LED bulb replacements they will give you all the light you need no need to spend big bucks on the super expensive units

I'm going to be trying these from Stedi. Copper Head H4 LED Head Light Conversion Kit They appear to be identical to the ones from Headlight Revolution but are equipped with a different heat sink and are a lot cheaper. Notice how the leds closely follow the halogen filament placement along with the high beam reflector.

Sold by our brothers Down Under. Look like a good product.

Copper Head H4 LED Head Light Conversion Kit
copper-head-h4-led-head-light-conversion-kit-ledconv-h4-ch-by-stedi-zzzzzcolor-wwwwwproduct-colorwwwww-1c7.jpg

I'll also be getting a pair of these. MCX25 LED MOTORCYCLE DRIVING SPOT LIGHT

ALL you need is the LED bulb replacements they will give you all the light you need no need to spend big bucks on the super expensive units

"No need" is a subjective, non quantifiable, term.
Your own personal need will be based on how well you wish to see ahead while riding at night.
Extensive scientific testing has shown LEDs to be superior for recognition & identification distances at night.

Back