Ways to disable need for Clutch to start bike?

evo

.020 Over
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 R Black edition / 2005 Daytona 650
I hate having to pull the clutch in when starting the bike...anyone have any knowledge on how to disable this? Is it possible, or is this something you can do with TuneECU maybe?
This is for the new 2.5l Rocket 3 btw...

ta...

Hello,
evo,
I would like to think you are messing with us.......
This would be as bad as using a disk lock on one of your brake rotors. It would jump off of the kick stand.
Good luck!
AzRm

Just Don't Do It!

Amazing what that lil ole POS switch does. A screw came out of the switch on my 3R when I first got it and my fuel gauge stopped working. I knew immediately what was up....

In my quest to solve a fuel gauge no longer working on my Roadster I discovered it was related to a shorted out clutch switch. Read all about it here....
Fuel Level Indicator Not Working - Clutch Switch/Solved!

Besides being connected to the gas gauge here are some other reasons not to disable it (from a Triumph forum for a different model bike, but...)

The Clutch switch is important in the following 13 ways:

1 Decel rate control using the idle speed stepper: Additional steps are used to
soften the decels – when the clutch is pulled in these steps must be dumped
or the bike will hangup or push-on. [the stepper motor rears its ugly head again- interesting]
2 Fuel gauge – will not update whilst the clutch is in – this is to stop updating
of the sensor when the fuel could be sloshing (i.e. during gear changes). [supports my theory that when some of us "fix" the switch we're leaving it in constant contact]
3 Vehicle speed limiter – This will not work with the clutch switch bypassed.
4 Gear position judgment – The NCT range with no gear position sensor
derives an idea of gear postion from RPM vs Vehicle Speed. This function will
not work so the wrong ignition maps are applied.
5 Gear position judgement other models – The clutch switch will force a
‘NO LOAD’ condition and use the neutral ignition maps. This overrides the
gear position info and the wrong ignition, second throttle and exhaust
butterfly maps will be used!

6 Ignition smoothing strategy is disabled.
7 Pressure based fuel merging to Throttle based fuel is not merged – its
switched which can cause a jump in fueling.
8 Deceleration fuel reduction multiplier is not applied – causing rich overuns
– potentially damaging to the CAT.
9 Deceleration fuel cut-off & CAT protection fuel cut is not applied – this will
definitely impact on CAT performance.
10 On some models closed loop will not work when riding.
11 D675 airflap will always be closed
12 D675 exhaust valve will remain partly closed.
13 Starter lock out switch – ie SAFETY

I hate having to pull the clutch in when starting the bike...anyone have any knowledge on how to disable this? Is it possible, or is this something you can do with TuneECU maybe?
This is for the new 2.5l Rocket 3 btw...

ta...
All modern Triumphs are like this
. Sorry don't have any suggestions though I've never found it a issue

I realize everyone has their own preference but I would not disable the clutch switch.

I had 2 incidents involving manual shift vehicles before the clutch safety switches were incorporated. The clutch wasn't depressed during start up with the vehicle in gear... the result, one fellow pinned between 2 vehicles which were also damaged. The other in no injuries but the bus made a mess of the car in front of it. I've seen too many bikes jump forward and end up on their side because of a bypassed clutch safety.

Back