Watch out for Slick Looking Stuff!

TheKid

Top Fuel
Ride
2007 Rocket III Standard /2010 R3T
Friday night I had a bit of a fright. 2 miles from home and hit some anti-freeze or chain saw lube I don't know. I came down a hill and saw slow traffic ahead. I was slowing down with the engine and just as I applied the rear brake`I noticed something on the road. She went left and I corrected and then to the right and I don't know why I never went down. I had the O'l left food dragging like I was on a half ton dirt bike. The truck that had the problem pulled over at the top of the hill. After the yelling we looked it over and found nothing leaking. He said he just liked to drive slow with his little truck and big trailer ( F250 with a 16 ft trailer and 2 quads). Bullshi. He had a problem and would not admit it. I called 911 and begged the opperator to get somebody to clean it up. It was gone the next day, and we had a lot of rain latter that night. Scarred the crap outa me!

I hit some oil a few months ago going round a large (ie fast) roundabout. Almost slid under the truck next to me but kept it up. Took at least a day before there were even any warning markers on the road. You can still see where the oil was lying and I can't completely trust that bit of road to this day. Scary stuff. Glad you got through OK.

In / around Wayne and Holmes counties of Ohio the greatest danger for this type of road debris is Horse **** from Amish buggies and solo horse riders. I have slid more than once when experiencing this shister on a hilltop or in the lean of turning country road.

Glad to hear you guys are OK ..

Im doing the slow and easy too, last couple of days heavy rain and greasy roads.. its amazing how much white foam soap suds appears on the main roads as the rain washes the dried detergent access from the cars, trucks and buses.. and them huge slippery road marker arrows they paint on the road at intersections that take up the width of the lane..
Bloody dangerous :mad:

yep,
"that", (oil or whatever)
road kill,
and harley parts,
about the only things a man has to look out for
on the road around here.
Well, that, and snakes...
Glad you made it through that
"oh crap" moment alright.

In this area of Ohio I'm in, they like to tar and gravel the country roads even when its not needed. So every summer you have to watch out for the roads you have not been on in a while because you never know when you turn onto your old favorite road and find its covered in loose gravel everywhere.

I still have not figured out how they can justify doing that when it is so dangerous to motorcycles.

Can honestly say i've never hit Amish horse-sh!t , snakes , chain saw lube ... or any of the other stuff you blokes have encountered ... Deisel was my downfall, never had a set of wheels go out from under me so quickly. Like Canberra im still skitzy on the Rocket on wet roads... Amish horse-sh!t, thats a crack up man :roll:

Nothing like a good fright to get the adrenalin goin. Never a dull moment on two wheels...probably why i ride, glad you stayed up....ENJOY lol:D oh yeah,just coz its SLICK, doesnt mean i had anything to do with it!

Back