Watch Out for black Smoke...

Huntin Dawg

.060 Over
Ride
2012 R3R; 2009 Victory Vision Tour (Double Darkside)
A friend of mine just ordered a rolling chopper chassis to put a Yanmar turbo diesel in.
It's a 33hp motor stock but he's building it to run 175 - 200hp for the bike. They build motors for pulling tractors so they are experts when it comes to this kind of thing. Here's a 250hp version Yanmar he built for a garden tractor guy:

Russ Nichols 1100# turbo diesel - YouTube

Here are the boys with with their "Big Unit" (Warpath). This won't fit in a bike :D

Carlton Cope & Warpath taking the win @ LaGrange, IN. 2011 - YouTube

I saw a diesel motorcycle at the last Lone Star rally. It was an all terrain vehicle 27 hp made for the military. (Can't remember the mfgr name). It was cool. They said it would go over anything because of the massive torque.

Diesel engines are strong, they can take a lot of boost and fuel, and put out gobs of torque. They are great for pulling. I have a Dodge 4X4 diesel. My son is into truck pulling and runs a Dodge Gen II. But,,,,the engines have to be built strong for the torque they put out and to handle the torque. That means weight. And if you will notice when they start the run when pulling a sled, it takes a few seconds to spin up the turbo. A light weight, gas bike like a Busa, will be so far ahead in a drag race, the diesel bike won't beat it.

A mule is 20% stronger than a horse of comparable size. You should see them pull!

I go to Mule Days In Bishop. Take a look at these Mules pull at Mule days!

Mule Days - Sled Pulls - YouTube

Now if you are an old guy from the south, you might appreciate a little 'Muleskinner Blues" from the Hag! I'm not and I don't. I never knew the song existed! Speakers on.

Merle Haggard-Mule Skinner Blues - YouTube

Back