Joker

Turbocharged
I reported a problem a while ago whereby my front brakes pulsed after the pads had been changed at the dealers. When you pull the lever the bike behaves as if the brakes were being pulled and released quickly and repeatedly.
Some suggested brake fluid or grease had got onto disc and I didn't have time to return it immediately anyway so left it for a while to see if it cleared. It's improved a lot but is still detectable, just as you come to a stop. At higher speeds it isn't noticeable.
The bike had to go in for a new tyre yesterday so I reported this to the shop. They've just rung to say the disc is warped by 0.8mm and the normal tolerance is 0.5mm. It's due foir an MOT in 2 months and they said it would fail the rolling road brake test.
I don't see how the problem could have improved if it was a warped disc and don't want to spend £600 on new ones.
Any comments would be greatfuly received.

Never seen a mot station for bikes have a rolling road brake test :?

Time for wavy discs , cant wait for mine to warp , will have the excuse then :twisted:

Sull you got leccy in that part of UK? :lol: :lol:
Even our back street MOTY test stations use a rolling road brake tester. I agree with Sully though Perd waveys are the way to go, 8) 8)

RocketSteve said:
Be cheaper to have the disc(s) skimmed - pop round to your local back street Engineering Machine Shop.
Can "full floaters" be skimmed?? My local speed shop said no when I asked.

owl said:
Sully - sell your discs to Perds & put the money towards your wavy ones.

Everyones a winner :D

Never thought of that :lol:

I do love wavy discs , a definite for the future

Trumpet1200 said:
Sull you got leccy in that part of UK? :lol: :lol:
Even our back street MOTY test stations use a rolling road brake tester. I agree with Sully though Perd waveys are the way to go, 8) 8)

I am sure that the one I go to for the motorcycle does not have one .

Car ones always do , work next door to one , cheap mots for me . :lol:

Back