Warp will buy you a Drink

scot in exile

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket
If you can read this without laughing Warp will buy you a drink

%TqPCLsTS8GYhzecJac8MQ.jpg

Local Harley shop has the same. Walked around the sign a few times and looked around the corners. Then just stood in front of the sign shaking my head. Did not take long and salesman walked up and asked me how i was doing? Responded OK i guess. Asked me if i owned a Harley and would like more details on the upgrades. Took a wild look around and just stood there scratching my head. Asked him very honestly if i might have missed the other sign. He asked what other sign. Stage V and above? He then proceeded to tell me all about the 117 cubic inch and the hot rod 120 cubic inch upgrades. Stood there for a moment and asked if he would mind taking a look at my Harley and explain to me if it would work out. He got all excited and off we went. Five feet from the bike he saw the S&S 124 cubic inch emblem and got rather upset. I said i dare you and laughed. Gracefully and jovially he flipped me the bird.

It's actually a very successful marketing strategy. One buys an extremely expensive but doggy V-Twin and then gets to pay another $10k in "performance" upgrades.

So Sonny, how does the performance of your Harley compare to your Roadster when it was stock.

I still recall the time my Indian rider friend test rode a new Roadster. He returned to the dealership with an OMG look and slobber on his face. He reached for his cigs and the pack had blown out of his MC jacket pocket. And his Indian Roadmaster was no slouch with a number of performance upgrades. he resolved to get a Rocket but tragically his beautiful Indian was totaled about a month later, and he critically injured, when a young lady, texting while driving turned, left in front of him.

Last edited:
You could get me high as ****, Feed me massive quantities of LSD, sit me down in front of George carlin for six hours, and I would not laugh if it meant there was a free drink waiting for me at the end ......

@warp9.9 owes me 1 drink.......
You me large mass quantities of LSD so you may boldly trip where no man has tripped before. (Except a man named Space Check) but then that was the 70's and 80's :D

You could get me high as ****, Feed me massive quantities of LSD, sit me down in front of George carlin for six hours, and I would not laugh if it meant there was a free drink waiting for me at the end ......

@warp9.9 owes me 1 drink.......
For you I will try to find and bring some Zubrówka and some kosher dills. Figuring you not much for the anchovy stuffed stuffed olives :)

Back