Want to Buy Wanting to buy seat

You can get the touring seat from Pro motto Triumph for $172 and good luck with the backrest. Your better off making one yourself....

You can get the touring seat from Pro motto Triumph for $172 and good luck with the backrest. Your better off making one yourself....

Or same price without the backrest at Procycles Horsby/St Peters Sydney

Triumph Touring Seat Dual Part A9708164, Triumph Rocket III & R-III Classic Accessories, from Procycles Australia

JCS Motorcycles, 287 Great Eastern Hwy, BURSWOOD, WA 6100 used to have them too for same but no longer listed.

A US forum member Speedy has fitted a hard wood timber post to the square hole in the seat and made a pretty good adjustable angle backrest to suit. Post #17 here:
Custom Solo Riders Backrest

Images of the factory back rest can be seen here:

I have one with the factory backrest but have also made my own for the Roadster two part Gel seats as the Classic one on the Roadster doesn't quite go back far enough for comfort for me with std pegs. I have since fitted footboards and extra pegs on the peg rail so will try it with those before selling.

Here is the link to the one I made with a std Roadster/ R3 pillion seat bracket.
Riders Back Rest

Last edited:
Or same price without the backrest at Procycles Horsby/St Peters Sydney

Triumph Touring Seat Dual Part A9708164, Triumph Rocket III & R-III Classic Accessories, from Procycles Australia

JCS Motorcycles, 287 Great Eastern Hwy, BURSWOOD, WA 6100 used to have them too for same but no longer listed.

A US forum member Speedy has fitted a hard wood timber post to the square hole in the seat and made a pretty good adjustable angle backrest to suit. Post #17 here:
Custom Solo Riders Backrest

Images of the factory back rest can be seen here:

I have one with the factory backrest but have also made my own for the Roadster two part Gel seats as the Classic one on the Roadster doesn't quite go back far enough for comfort for me with std pegs. I have since fitted footboards and extra pegs on the peg rail so will try it with those before selling.

Here is the link to the one I made with a std Roadster/ R3 pillion seat bracket.
Riders Back Rest

I thought you'd have forward controls by now....

I thought you'd have forward controls by now....

Nahh, looked at them but cannot fit ones I've seen with front crash bar The Kurakyn's and the extra pegs on the rail is working well though, but I do have to angle boards down at front to allow gear change and brake engagement. With another peg foreward on same 1" bar allows heel to rest on front of board and toes on the extra peg. Gives three good positions including H'way bars.

@Nungers - Just reading your old thread - what happened to the Corbin seat you ordered in 2011? Was it w/o backrest mount holes?
Thanks for the replies lads, am hoping I can just buy one without going to too much effort.
Ishrub I did buy a Corbin with the backrest, did around 20k on it and was still as hard as hell, so sold it a couple of years ago. It did not fit on the bike using the same mounts as Triumph, it was bolted to a bar across the mudgaurd, bit of a hassle. Done with Corbin, too hard.
I have thought of a Day Long but that is a hassle living in Oz. I need to find another base, thought of buying one on ebay in the US and sending it direct to Day Long, that would save me a few postage $$$.
Also trying to contact Hinkley and find out who made the original and see if I can get another made, bit of a long shot.

cheers

Thanks for the replies lads, am hoping I can just buy one without going to too much effort.
Ishrub I did buy a Corbin with the backrest, did around 20k on it and was still as hard as hell, so sold it a couple of years ago. It did not fit on the bike using the same mounts as Triumph, it was bolted to a bar across the mudgaurd, bit of a hassle. Done with Corbin, too hard.
I have thought of a Day Long but that is a hassle living in Oz. I need to find another base, thought of buying one on ebay in the US and sending it direct to Day Long, that would save me a few postage $$$.
Also trying to contact Hinkley and find out who made the original and see if I can get another made, bit of a long shot.

cheers

I have a couple of extra R3R/Std/Classic seats I need to get out of the way.

cheers

Stripes, Are they dual with the backrest

Yes. Here's a picture.

Attachments

• 20161002_184456.jpg
    20161002_184456.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 0
Back