Want to add a Steering Damper.

Bill - before you do a steering damper - get the suspension properly sorted. The R3 has VERY stable steering geometry. If the nose is waggling - it's almost certainly something else. My R3Standard will hit 110mph with cases with no waggle and I know the front suspension is too soft (though not for long). Play with tyre pressures too.

I have "fixed" the front suspension with upgraded springs and 7 weight fork oil. The rear suspension was changed to Progressive 440. Cornering wobble is gone. Tires are Avon Cobra with pressure set at 32 front and 38/40 rear. Bike is rock solid to about 140, then as passing that mark slight wobble begins. Recommendations are welcome.

I have "fixed" the front suspension with upgraded springs and 7 weight fork oil. The rear suspension was changed to Progressive 440. Cornering wobble is gone. Tires are Avon Cobra with pressure set at 32 front and 38/40 rear. Bike is rock solid to about 140, then as passing that mark slight wobble begins. Recommendations are welcome.
Pull the bags and fairing, if you still have the wobble then look at tightening the stem a bit, then dampener. Also I run 38-40 psi up front

Last edited:
Bill,
@ROCKETHEAD has the right idea.
I would do the same except in reverse order.
Bearing adjustment first, followed by removal of fairing and then bags.
Hope you are well.

Start with at least 38psi in the front. I'm running my 140/80ZR17 at 40psi.

I'll give it a try ... but it might be a while ... **** cold and ice. 18 degrees F right now.

1227081631a.jpg

YOUR tires need air go with 40 rear 40 front to start then play with pressure from there

Back