BigKel

242rwhp
Ride
08 Rocket 3
Trying to get a new front tyre in Bunbury or Mandurah = 1 week wait for them to come from the eastern states. I have been to evry bike shop in Bunbury on Friday, ended up paying 150 for a second hand rear tyre to get me home. Went to 2 bike shops in Mandurah today, a week to get them from east. Rockingham Triumph Dealer is out of stock.Have to go to Perth on Wednesday to get one from JCS $270 fitted, which is the cheapest I found.
Down here they wanted $350 and I would have to wait a week.
Don't have tyre problems in the south west you will be stuck for a week.
rant over

Kel not sure what tyre you where chasing but I was told the Metzler agent in Perth shut up shop a while back .... they all have to come over from agent on East Coast now. Got a Tourance for my mates Explorer , took 10 days to get to Albany.

When I lived over there I was always told WA was "Way Ahead"....... you are right though, its "Wait Awhile" as everything is ex east !!!

I rode back to Perth from Busso on cords because I couldn't get a replacement and it still took a week to find a 240 Bridgy in the city...and, you got lucky if it was the Avon you bought from JCS - i was about to grab it this week and stick it in the shed so I didn't get caught again lol

Kel not sure what tyre you where chasing but I was told the Metzler agent in Perth shut up shop a while back .... they all have to come over from agent on East Coast now. Got a Tourance for my mates Explorer , took 10 days to get to Albany.
The Metz and Avon agents have both shut shop. JCS have both in stock so Im getting the Avon to see how it goes with the Bridgestone rear.
Still have to drive 200ks for it thuo.

I rode back to Perth from Busso on cords because I couldn't get a replacement and it still took a week to find a 240 Bridgy in the city...and, you got lucky if it was the Avon you bought from JCS - i was about to grab it this week and stick it in the shed so I didn't get caught again lol
Mate out of the 9 shops I tried 2 off them are Triumph dealers. One of them even told me the front was a 16 inch rim. Told them to look at the roadster they had on the floor.

Mate out of the 9 shops I tried 2 off them are Triumph dealers. One of them even told me the front was a 16 inch rim. Told them to look at the roadster they had on the floor.

Tempting to grab a scruff of neck and get them to have a good close look at tyre size .. that's pretty ***ced from a Triumph Dealer. One in Albany tried to add on the cost of refitting and adjusting the 'chain' on my mates Explorer .. pointed out it was shaft-driven .. " Oh yeh that's right " was his reply.

Tempting to grab a scruff of neck and get them to have a good close look at tyre size .. that's pretty ***ced from a Triumph Dealer. One in Albany tried to add on the cost of refitting and adjusting the 'chain' on my mates Explorer .. pointed out it was shaft-driven .. " Oh yeh that's right " was his reply.
It was a 22-23 year old ckick so I keeped my cool. If it was a bloke I would of for sure.
Bunbury dealer is a boat shop that sells Triumphs, Millard Marine. More boats in there than bikes.

Back