Vololights Brakeless Deceleration Indicator?

Nice concept, but looks too large and bulky to me.
The price causes me to suspect the capability/quality of the led's.
Like to see one in person.
Been reading some of your post on lighting, good information. I had looked at their site and did not see any tech specs on the leds ( or amps for that matter) so wondered about that.
Like the idea of simple installation, on license plate and just one wire and automatic operation based on deceleration.
Not sure how it is programed, it seems like it lights when decelerating, but as it is not connected to the brake light circuit wonder if goes off when you come to a stop and are waiting or does it stay lit till you accelerate.
The R3's license plate mount to me also does not seem like the firmest location to mount a motion sensor.

Rick

LEDs aside - That seems a bit expensive for a control Module.

btw if anybody wants a plain simple brake flasher - Brake Flasher
Yep, that looks simple and inexpensive. Right now I am leaning more toward a system that also activates on deceleration.
Been reading your post on your stock housing led conversion, nice work, interested to so the final results.

Rick

https://www.skenelights.com/
I have these on the license plate, 4 years now very well made (made in the USA)
Great company to deal with. I may add the fronts and more on the rear.
Did you go with the P3-D? How bright are the leds? Where did you mount the box?
I did look at those as well as a few other manufacturer,s boxes and leds . Seems some companies are vague on the leds output.

Rick

Edit, looks like a 12 led module is 252,000 mcd.

Last edited:
Yep, that looks simple and inexpensive. Right now I am leaning more toward a system that also activates on deceleration.
The same place did make a deceleration module too - was about 25 bucks. Might be worth asking him if he has plans to make more!!
Most of the decel units I have seen require quite severe braking to activate.

Did you go with the P3-D? How bright are the leds? Where did you mount the box?
I did look at those as well as a few other manufacturer,s boxes and leds . Seems some companies are vague on the leds output.

Rick

Edit, looks like a 12 led module is 252,000 mcd.

I’m not sure of the model it’s older without the deceleration, but it the brake and turn signals model.
I mounted the control module just above the ecu, with Velcro, very small very light. Yes very bright and noticeable!!

Back