Want to Buy viking saddlebags

albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
preferably with the plastic lockup system as I have the hardware but if no joy there I will go for the saddlebags using another locup system like easybrackets.

preferably with the plastic lockup system as I have the hardware but if no joy there I will go for the saddlebags using another locup system like easybrackets.
I have a set I just took off my rocket roadster. They are the leather covered hard shell lockable. The new price was just under 200. If that's what you are looking for I'll take pictures and send them

I have a set I just took off my rocket roadster. They are the leather covered hard shell lockable. The new price was just under 200. If that's what you are looking for I'll take pictures and send them
as I did not get any replies I bought some hard bags ..used !!! they look ragged but sanding and painting will make them look new they are the original bags on Indian chief and the size is compatible with the roadster rear end just need to get some easy brackets

@Bigj1955, I am interested, please post some pictures. What model are they?
They are the large model - here is the link to the product page Triumph Rocket III Roadster Charger Single Strap Large Motorcycle Saddlebags

They're in excellent shape - no scratches etc. the mounting hardware is still attached. Note that these are fixed, not quick release brackets. I still have the throwooverstrap somewhere in the garage - if you are interessted I'll dig it out - It didn't seem like a very practical idea for the bags. In mounting the bags - which was a little annoying - I made a few extra holes in the backside (you have to drill all your own holes). I simply put gorilla tape over them and they were good. I can epoxy the holes closed if you like.

Currently they are on sale at Viking, but they also do charge shipping - I was thinking of listing them on sleaze bay at a reserve of $130 + shipping-I'm guessing $15-20 for shipping - let me know what you think!

Attachments

• IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0284.JPG
    IMG_0284.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0285.JPG
    IMG_0285.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    293.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    307.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 3
The bags look nice but aren't what I am looking for. When you said "leather covered hard shell lockable" I thought that they were either this one:

Triumph Rocket III Roadster Viking Lamellar Leather Covered Shock Cutout Hard Saddlebag

or this one:

Triumph Rocket III Roadster Viking Lamellar Extra Large Leather Covered Hard Saddlebags.

The wife wants me to get one of those styles. Sorry for putting you though all the trouble of taking the pictures.
No worries - now maybe I will actually post them for sale!

Back