Bigj1955

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket 3 Roadster
They are the large model - here is the link to the product page Triumph Rocket III Roadster Charger Single Strap Large Motorcycle Saddlebags

They're in excellent shape - no scratches etc. the mounting hardware is still attached. Note that these are fixed, not quick release brackets. I still have the throw overstrap somewhere in the garage - if you are interested I'll dig it out - It didn't seem like a very practical idea for the bags. In mounting the bags - which was a little annoying - I made a few extra holes in the backside (you have to drill all your own holes). I simply put gorilla tape over them and they were good. I can epoxy the holes closed if you like.

Asking $140 USD plus shipping (I'm guessing around $20-25 to lower 48)
IMG_0283.JPG IMG_0284.JPG IMG_0285.JPG IMG_0286.JPG IMG_0287.JPG IMG_0288.JPG IMG_0289.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 18
Do you have a pic of these mounted on the bike? What is the consensus on these bags? Good quality. How do they compare to the OE?

Do you have a pic of these mounted on the bike? What is the consensus on these bags? Good quality. How do they compare to the OE?
I don't have a photo of them on the bike, only had them on for a short while...I don't know how they compare to the OEM - The mounting system is definitely different from the Triumph cage - But other than that I don't know - kinda doubt that OEM are worth over 6x the cost of these though - Viking has a good rep on their stuff and these are in good shape. They just require some leather dressing o=every now and then.

I like my Viking Bags. I just wish I had some more room. The shock cut out is the only thing I don't like. I think my quick releases would work with these and clear the shock. wish you had a picture of those on the rocket. looked at the website. got the details ,might be interested.

I don't have a photo of them on the bike, only had them on for a short while...I don't know how they compare to the OEM - The mounting system is definitely different from the Triumph cage - But other than that I don't know - kinda doubt that OEM are worth over 6x the cost of these though - Viking has a good rep on their stuff and these are in good shape. They just require some leather dressing o=every now and then.
Thanks for the reply. I've been in contact with them. They also have a quik detatch available. They said they don't recommend it if you have a rear back rest because if the mounts share holes in the frame, it can rattle? Anyone have experience with it?

Thanks for the reply. I've been in contact with them. They also have a quik detatch available. They said they don't recommend it if you have a rear back rest because if the mounts share holes in the frame, it can rattle? Anyone have experience with it?
sorry - mine were permanently mounted

I have the same bags only with the cutout in them. I mounted them with quick releases,(keyed) and have had no problems with them. when I mounted them I did have to tweak the lock a little. they did moved around so I just tightened it up. It looks a little strange with the cutout being so far away from the shock though .

I have the Viking extra large bags, and had no issue with the passenger pegs. I did add Rivco floorboards later which pushed everything a little forward, and made it more comfortable for a passenger. I also use the EZ Brackets.

IMG_2662.jpg
20140816_192555-1.jpg

That looks like a nice set up. No problems with noise from the mounts with the backrest I gather? BTW, where did the backrest come from?

Nice pipe too. Did you do Tune ECU or power commander and where did the map come from?

Back