sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
After 4,000 miles the pipes still look brand new. The complements received from the appearance of the pipes to the sound has been amazing. Even the Harley riders that have heard the pipes as they try to keep up are impressed. Granted there are a few other pipe manufactures out there and they all make great pipes but was looking for a set of pipes that had the rider in mind also. I ride a lot, 2015 rocket X (bought new in Oct 2015) has 34,000 miles. I ride all year long even here in Oklahoma. Daily travel is 117 miles a day back and forth to work. I ride under some pretty sever weather. 100 degrees plus with very high humidity and have never once had a issue with the pipes burning my leg. Then again have posted the clearance of the pipes as compared to leg position. It kind of says it all. Would I ride the bike with tennis shoes on during the summer? Oh #ell do not own a pair sorry about that. The simple fact is the pipes run hot during the summer. Gee go figure naked pipes are going to no matter what you do. It is a trade off. #hit out performance or the comfort of shielded pipes? It is your call. I ride the first choice. Enjoy it very much. By no means did I expect the pipes to run cool. Facts of life. Just sold the Harley and looking to buy a 2017 touring model rocket. Take a wild guess what exhaust I plan on running.:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

After 4,000 miles the pipes still look brand new. The complements received from the appearance of the pipes to the sound has been amazing. Even the Harley riders that have heard the pipes as they try to keep up are impressed. Granted there are a few other pipe manufactures out there and they all make great pipes but was looking for a set of pipes that had the rider in mind also. I ride a lot, 2015 rocket X (bought new in Oct 2015) has 34,000 miles. I ride all year long even here in Oklahoma. Daily travel is 117 miles a day back and forth to work. I ride under some pretty sever weather. 100 degrees plus with very high humidity and have never once had a issue with the pipes burning my leg. Then again have posted the clearance of the pipes as compared to leg position. It kind of says it all. Would I ride the bike with tennis shoes on during the summer? Oh #ell do not own a pair sorry about that. The simple fact is the pipes run hot during the summer. Gee go figure naked pipes are going to no matter what you do. It is a trade off. #hit out performance or the comfort of shielded pipes? It is your call. I ride the first choice. Enjoy it very much. By no means did I expect the pipes to run cool. Facts of life. Just sold the Harley and looking to buy a 2017 touring model rocket. Take a wild guess what exhaust I plan on running.:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad to hear they are working well for you. Mine should arrive in a month or so. The Ramair is already fitted. Then off to Neville Lush for a tune.
The sound and power increase should make the wait worthwhile.
It will but you can still hear the ramair kick in. I like it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad to hear they are working well for you. Mine should arrive in a month or so. The Ramair is already fitted. Then off to Neville Lush for a tune.
Will be good to know how the "Bloke in the tin shed" goes with them - Please post the results.

Will be good to know how the "Bloke in the tin shed" goes with them - Please post the results.

I will report back. The Ramair gives it a note even.without the pipes.

BTW that is not a tin shed. It is the Viking world headquarters!
Paul said so.
I suppose it can be both...

Oh how so envious am I of those of you able to "run down to Neville Lush for a tune" . . .

Please keep us posted.

Bloody snobs, what happened to the simpler days when it was all TORs, TORs, TORs. I feel like a Harley dealer catering for a dying market;):D

I was shocked to see you finally got a buyer for the high mileage Harley when @IMFASTOO etc all say they are unsellable. I doubt the buyer cared when they saw its condition and mods.
Better get in quick for that TTS supercharged Touring going begging!;):D

Back