Viking Exhaust for my Roadster

Rock It

I love to ride
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket Roadster
Hi, I'm looking at purchasing an exhaust from Viking Exhaust. I'm not sure as to whether to just go with the silencer they provide and keep the stock header or go with the full system. Do anyone know if there will be a big difference in sound and performance between the two? I'm also concerned with the talk about the amount of heat that will come off the header's they provide.

Speak with Paul directly
Any aftermarket headers will put out extra heat cause most of them dont have heat shields..............also need to be dyno tuned so they dont run lean but with Lushy just down the road you are all set
Am sure someone with Pauls system will be along soon............

Last edited:
I'm sure if you go the whole system you wont be sorry...Paul's work is beautiful....read some of the threads re guys who have done what you are thinking....backup and support from Paul is second to none...

Paul Bryant...Viking Exhausts, he is a member of this forum and will surface soon i'm sure...

Hi, I'm looking at purchasing an exhaust from Viking Exhaust. I'm not sure as to whether to just go with the silencer they provide and keep the stock header or go with the full system. Do anyone know if there will be a big difference in sound and performance between the two? I'm also concerned with the talk about the amount of heat that will come off the header's they provide.
Any slip on silencer is only going to change the noise any power increase would be so small it would make you laugh , now go with Paul's complete system(which I would recommend) then you will have a work of art and some more power.(when tuned correctly)

Welcome Marco,
We met yesterday. Paul's systems are the best finished I have seen.
As you say yesterday, I have the Viking headers with the Supertrapp muffler. I went that way because I liked the look and sound. Paul's entire system is excellent too.
I also like the Rinehart muffler, but apparently it is no longer available.
Viking black exhaust with Reinhard muffler.jpg

You can get the system in satin black or polished aluminium finishes.
Performance will be about the same whether you use the standard muffler or and aftermarket one. Sound will vary depending on the muffler.
Other good systems are made by Reband at Victor Harbor and CES from Queensland.
You should change the air intake at the same time. Ramair and K&N make great replacements that fit under the bear claw. You can remove plenty of plastic and save a bit of weight too.
You are definitely going to need a decent tune. Let me know and I can help.
Plenty of people will be along shortly with their opinions and ideas.

I just put on an exhaust system similar to Vikings system and there is (along with an appropriate tune and either Ram Air or K&N pods) a remarkable increase in power.

My advice, get the full system, yes its more money but to just make more noise, its a waste of time.

As far as heat goes, I notice very little difference from stock. But if you have hyway pegs your gonna probably need some heat shields or your gonna get warm!

Speak with Paul directly
Any aftermarket headers will put out extra heat cause most of them dont have heat shields..............also need to be dyno tuned so they dont run lean but with Lushy just down the road you are all set
Am sure someone with Pauls system will be along soon............

Thanks mate, I've been speaking with Paul via email and he's been very helpful. Thanks for your input.

I'm sure if you go the whole system you wont be sorry...Paul's work is beautiful....read some of the threads re guys who have done what you are thinking....backup and support from Paul is second to none...

Paul Bryant...Viking Exhausts, he is a member of this forum and will surface soon i'm sure...

Hi Tal, I'm new to forums, how do I find/search for these threads? Yes I agree Paul's exhausts are beautiful in any configuration. I also like the standard look of the header with his chrome silencer instead of going full race look.

Back