Viking Bags on Rocket Roadster

420ponies

R834YA (bike plate)
Ride
2009 Triumph rocket 3 roadster
Well ,I just bought a set of saddlebags from Viking bags.Armor shock cutout saddlebags#23694. Do any of you have these that detach? I have looked on their site and found the detachable kit and willing to purchase if that's what I need. Also, I think I'm going to have some leg room isues if I run them(they have the shock cut-out) close to my shocks.Any info. using these bags would be appreciated.Thanks!

I run a set of Viking bags on one of my rockets and they are mounted with EZ brackets. The bags and mounting system work well and you can remove them from the bike quickly to remove any temptation for a thief on an overnight trip.

Cool!! I have found the set you were referring to and ordered a set for mine. I have also devised a offset foot peg for my rider.We'll let you know how this works out.This is why I like this forum. Rocket on!!

Ordered a set of easy brackets from J&P Cycles. I sure hope they work. $219.00 for the kit plus the tote strap. Whoo,the money is flowing on this upgrade!. I'm still makin' my own foot peg extensions though.

I've had some issues with Viking, but they've gotten better under new ownership. The first set that I tried were the shock cutouts and they don't fit anywhere near the shocks. You'd be best off seeing if you can return them and go for something else. (Though I'd warn against the half-circle bags. They were my second attempt and they fell apart.)

Good call going with Easy Brackets. Their are Ghost Brackets, which are "universal" so they're not the best fit and tend to rattle. I had my big Vikings mounted with Easy Brackets when I went down a few years ago and they didn't budge and still came off easy.

Ordered a set of easy brackets from J&P Cycles. I sure hope they work. $219.00 for the kit plus the tote strap. Whoo,the money is flowing on this upgrade!. I'm still makin' my own foot peg extensions though.

OUCH!
S/B more like $150
You shall like them - I've ran three sets on different motors for 12 years.

I have a set of the extra large Viking Bags. Originally I has Ghost Brackets, but they were hard to put on and take off. I later got the EZ Brackets with the optional carry strap, and am very happy with the way they work.

Hey same thing went with the cut outs,didnt need them, but yea would go with EZ they work really well....rabbit

Well, some how the brackets are "in the making" and I have not recieved these yet. I am in the middle of making my own peg relocators so I can use these bags. They look to nice to send back. I will post picures when I'm finished. It's looking like Sunday and Monday are Ride days here in upstate New York!!

I have a set I took off that worked fine and looked pretty good. I just used their easy brackets to install.

Attachments

• IMG_3033.JPG
    IMG_3033.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2364.JPG
    IMG_2364.JPG
    432.7 KB · Views: 11
Back