Video review : Harley Wide Glide v Victory Vegas v Triumph Thunderbird

MCN

Living Legend
With competition getting even stiffer for Harley from the new Victory Vegas 8-Ball and the big bore, 1700cc Triumph Thunderbird, is the classic Harley Dyna Wide Glide cruiser still doing enough? Find a Cruiser for sale To find out we...

More...

I found that practically worthless.

Not the best bike.
Not the most comfortable ride.
Not the best price.

BUT IT HAS HISTORY.

Who gives a flying f'ck...

Agree. And it might soon BE history: Buell's liquidation... MV Agusta's protracted resale to its former owner... talks about moving out Milwaukee...:eek:

Jamie

That vid will have the natives restless in no time. lol

Non HD riders will NEVER understand the HD vibe and HD riders will NEVER understand the non HD riders mindset. It's a futile discussion, yet everyone loves to waste time on it.

Michael Neeves put it best in the Kawa 1600, Victory Vegas and Triumph T-Bird shootout (T-Bird and Vegas were a draw in that one) when he said:

"We call this test the "Best of the rest" because we're not including Harley because for those that want a Harley nothing else will do so there's no point in testing others against it."

That pretty much sums up the loyal HD crowd and your comments pretty much sum up the non HD crowd. Bottom line, it eats the non HD crowd's crawl that HD has such a following though they have the least performing bike. It eats the HD crowd's crawl that someone would dare to question the "lifestyle".

The other 2 are making their own history. It would start something like this.

"The demise of Harley Davidson came about because"

You fill in the rest.

RocketDaryl says: Non HD riders will NEVER understand the HD vibe and HD riders will NEVER understand the non HD riders mindset. It's a futile discussion, yet everyone loves to waste time on it.

Daryl, it sounds exactly like you're comparing religions!

RocketDaryl says: Non HD riders will NEVER understand the HD vibe and HD riders will NEVER understand the non HD riders mindset. It's a futile discussion, yet everyone loves to waste time on it.

Daryl, it sounds exactly like you're comparing religions!

To the Harley crowd, it IS a religion. Most of my friends are HARD CORE HD types that wouldn't dream of owning any other bike. It really blows their mind that I like pretty much all styles, makes and models of bikes. I tell them all the time that "I rarely meet a bike I don't like". I'm truly an anomaly to them.

My reasoning on getting a R3, after owning a HD fatboy, was an R3 makes a harley look like a scooter! :D
I had a harley superglide when i bought the rocket, my friend and i rode a few times and when i got off the rocket to get on the harley that was exactly how it felt, of course after the rocket any bike will feel that way:)

Back