Vibration through Footpegs

Size Does Matter

.020 Over
Just purchased a 2011 Rocket 3 roadster.
The speedometer has just turned over 2000klms. At the 800klm service I informed team Moto about a vibration that comes in through the footpegs and then through the handle bars.

I the did a three day ride through South Western Queensland and the vibration got worse. The vibration was worse and most prevelant when in either 3rd, 4th or fifth gear at 2000rpm. However when applying a little clutch pressure on the clutch lever just enough to take up the freeplay the vibration disappears. The vibration was worse from 2krpm to over 3k rpm.

The bike shop has been great and could easily see that the bike had a problem. Triumph I found were a little slow to get things moving under warranty but nevertheless the bike has been stripped and the engine is out of the bike. Triumph are blaming the clutch and want it sent to see if its out of balance.

Enough to make you cry with a brand new bike.

See how things go.

Sounds alot like my Roadster Team moto had mine for a week. They rode it and all agreed it had a harsh feeling through the footpegs around 2000 rpm in top gear. The end story they told me was they all do it don't worry about it so Idon't know the seems to be conflicting stories. Motolink another member on this site was having a similar issue but I didn't read what come of it

Just purchased a 2011 Rocket 3 roadster.
The speedometer has just turned over 2000klms. At the 800klm service I informed team Moto about a vibration that comes in through the footpegs and then through the handle bars.

I the did a three day ride through South Western Queensland and the vibration got worse. The vibration was worse and most prevelant when in either 3rd, 4th or fifth gear at 2000rpm. However when applying a little clutch pressure on the clutch lever just enough to take up the freeplay the vibration disappears. The vibration was worse from 2krpm to over 3k rpm.

The bike shop has been great and could easily see that the bike had a problem. Triumph I found were a little slow to get things moving under warranty but nevertheless the bike has been stripped and the engine is out of the bike. Triumph are blaming the clutch and want it sent to see if its out of balance.

Enough to make you cry with a brand new bike.

See how things go.
Welcome , sorry to hear of your dramas .Engine out of the bike at 2,000 klms ... i'd be asking for a replacement bike if it don't come back running as it should. Ive found dealing with Triumph Australia direct gets things moving. Which TeamMoto you going to ?

There are other posts about the very same condition, including my own but the experience I have does not sound as bad has your description.
I rode two different demo Roadsters before I purchased mine and both had the same vibration most pronounced at 2200rpm, and when I pull the clutch in just enough to take the free play out of the clutch the condition disappears.
My mate has a classic that was dismantled by Team Moto, the condition was a lot less when he got the bike back but it's back to the same as it ever was.
Mine is not bad enough that I can't live with it provided it does not get any worse, from the best I can find out the condition is just torsional vibration that is mot dentremential to the bike.
Be interesting to hear the results of your repairs.

Welcome , sorry to hear of your dramas .Engine out of the bike at 2,000 klms ... i'd be asking for a replacement bike if it don't come back running as it should. Ive found dealing with Triumph Australia direct gets things moving. Which TeamMoto you going to ?

Team Moto Virginia is where I purchased it. That's where the bike is now with no engine in it. They have been ok about this and they know what I'm on about as they agree with me.

Cheers Chris

There are other posts about the very same condition, including my own but the experience I have does not sound as bad has your description.
I rode two different demo Roadsters before I purchased mine and both had the same vibration most pronounced at 2200rpm, and when I pull the clutch in just enough to take the free play out of the clutch the condition disappears.
My mate has a classic that was dismantled by Team Moto, the condition was a lot less when he got the bike back but it's back to the same as it ever was.
Mine is not bad enough that I can't live with it provided it does not get any worse, from the best I can find out the condition is just torsional vibration that is mot dentremential to the bike.
Be interesting to hear the results of your repairs.

Yeah I know what you mean when you say torsional vibration however this type of vibration usually occurs when the engine is under load. The problem with my R3 is no matter what gear I'm in out of 3rd, 4th or 5th, just with enough light throttle to keep the bike travelling along creates the vibration. Once it up around 3k in top gear the objects in the left mirror are blurred. Worse now than when new. Just hope they find something that can explain the issue. I don't have much hope though. I think its a manufacturing issue

Team Moto Virginia is where I purchased it. That's where the bike is now with no engine in it. They have been ok about this and they know what I'm on about as they agree with me.

Cheers Chris
Rusty's a good young fella , he did the righty by me after my prang. Still if you don't get the bike back fixed to your satisfaction get onto Triumph Australia. Like i said i'd be pushing for a new bike with those sort of k's. Had a similar problem with a new Harley i purchased , they were willing to give me a new bike when i jumped up and down.

Rusty's a good young fella , he did the righty by me after my prang. Still if you don't get the bike back fixed to your satisfaction get onto Triumph Australia. Like i said i'd be pushing for a new bike with those sort of k's. Had a similar problem with a new Harley i purchased , they were willing to give me a new bike when i jumped up and down.

Thanks.

Yes I find Rusty to be a nice guy and sympathetic. I think I will have a chance of getting it fixed whilst he is in charge.

Size, the more I read about you bike I am sure it is much worse than mine and the others I have ridden.
like I said it has not got ant worse over the 8000km, keep us inform with the fix they do.

Hey, welcome SDM. Not the best intro to the world of the Rocket but I'm sure it will all fade as a distant memory once you get her back and going right. Good luck with it mate.

Back