Vibration issue above 3000rpm

Robm422

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket iii roadster
I just did a 3 day trip covering about 700 miles. About half of those were freeway miles in wide open areas where I like to cruise at around 80-85mph. This puts me around 3200 rpm, and the vibration in the handle bars was driving me crazy! My bike only has 3000 miles on it and is properly maintaind and tuned. Its frustrating because other than this issue the bike is perfect for me. Any ideas?

I just did a 3 day trip covering about 700 miles. About half of those were freeway miles in wide open areas where I like to cruise at around 80-85mph. This puts me around 3200 rpm, and the vibration in the handle bars was driving me crazy! My bike only has 3000 miles on it and is properly maintaind and tuned. Its frustrating because other than this issue the bike is perfect for me. Any ideas?
Get the dealer to check handlebar mounting bolts are torqued correctly & also maybe engine mount bolts.

i think that a lot of rockets does this. I bought mine with 6000 miles on her and it did the same as yours i now have over 30000 and i don't even notice it. i guess the moral of the story is u get used to it.:( on mine i could raise the rpm to 3000 in neutral and feel the vibration then if i take my little finger and start to barely pull the clutch lever the vibes would go away. My personal opinion is the clutch basket is a little loose and when u pull the lever a little it centers it up and the vibes goes away.
some say that there are tunes that u can put into the ecu that smooths the bike out i don't remember if they are talking about this problem or not. hth herman

Turbo, I agree, while I would love to get rid of the vibration I have only 22000km on my Roadster and live with it.
I can't say it's any worse from the day took delivery.

Same here on my 2013. I don't remember the mileage, (around 4 or 5 K) but I was cruising around 70/80 on a back country road one day, and all at once, picked up the vibration in the handle bars. So bad, I actually pulled off the side of the road, and gave it a look over. Rode it back home and called the dealer, still under warranty. They were nice enough to send their trailer to pick it up at my house, as I told them I was afraid to drive it. Long story longer, they called a couple days later and said it was ready, and delivered it back to me on their trailer. Service guy said the only thing they found was the final drive was leaking "AGAIN" ( already had one replaced under warranty). So they put in another final drive. I said I didn't see how the final drive could cause the vibration, and asked if they noticed it in the handle bars. They said they test rode it up to 60 mph, and all was well. Well, the vibrations were still the same as before. It doesn't get noticeable until around 70/80 mph. So I decided my option was to just ride the chit out of it, and see what falls off. She's now at around 14K, and still going strong. And there are the other noises, rattles, that get better with a slight pull on the clutch. Nature of the beast, is all I can say. Could very well be the clutch basket, but she's out of warranty now, so I just ignore it. I still consider her the Cadillac of my 4 bikes, and still love her, just keeping my fingers crossed, as I don't even like to think about having to get inside it.

Vibes strong enough to make your hands fall asleep while riding? There is some very small vibration in mine at all RPM, not sure any bike is totally devoid of vibration, there shouldn't be a significant vibration in the bars at speed. I have a 4" narrower bar with no end weights and next to no vibration.

Things not torqued correctly could cause it:
Head bearing
Bar fixing bolts (4 holding the bar in)
Any amount of un-even length to the forks
Rear suspension preload needs to be even side to side
Rotor bolt, 1 missing?
Front Tire pressure
Front tire cupped?

Some of the things that can, not necessarily will, but can cause a vibration.

Back