Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
I hope this is not a duplicate post. The best to all my fellow veterans on this day. Below are pics of the veterans in my family. In the top pic is my son Eric, center, Lieutenant Colonel, USA (former enlisted 82nd Airborne and now Armor branch), my daughter, Lieutenant Colonel Alicia, USAF Bio-Medical Sciences Corps and her husband, CWO5 Brad, USA, Apache Gunship pilot. Below that is my wife of 48 years, Karin, back when we first met. We were both Third Class Petty Officers.

Brad, Eric & Alicia.jpg

Petty Officer Karin Johnson.JPG

Well thank you my friends and the best to all of you. I spent my day doing a bit of riding, then fired up my old Ford truck and stopped by the VFW post. It was a good day.

Harry, close. She was a Communications Yeoman. That was back in the day when Navy women were WAVEs. They were assigned to do admin work in the comms spaces up to Third Class pay grade but then had to transition to either Yeoman or Radioman to advance in rate. Karin got out and worked as a legal secretary for the King County Prosecutor.

Great pic there Tribal. Back in the days when we were young and thought we could do anything. And it still stands. You can get killed for your country but no beer for you...

Back