Very weird. Differences in downloading tunes

Willtill

Nitrous
I'm wondering about this. I have a Rocket '08 Classic. When I first got my TuneBoy, I downloaded the Standard Rocket Tune with cat and factory pipes. The download took several minutes into the ECM.

Tonight, I chose 20227 which is the standard Rocket without cat box, since I just installed my cat bypass. And the download into the ECM took less than a minute. Extremely fast. No errors that I saw and my Rocket started right up afterwards.

???

(Didn't take it for a ride yet though, weather is miserable right now).

Do different tunes download into the ECM faster than others?

I've seen this. If you make minor changes to a tune, it takes less time to download than when you initially load the tune.

Hi Dougl, thanks for responding. I thought the new tune completely overwrote the old one.

At any rate, at least it started up afterwards. Not sure about the performance yet though, haven't taken it out.

I have a feeling that she's running lean; I looked in the headpipe while I had the cat box removed, and it's pretty clean and pale in there.

Does anyone know if the 20227 tune is actually for "cat box" removed (with cat bypass installed), or just for an empty cat?

I was looking at the AF tables, and from reading elsewhere on this forum, dropping the values overall by 1 percent ie; 14.5 to 13.5 will prevent it from running borderline lean. Is that a good place to start?

20227 is for cat installed but without catalyst and stock muffler. 20226 is for cat bypass and TOR mufflers. I wouldn't mess with the A/F table. make sure you change all the values in the secondaries table to 100%. What exhaust and intake filter(s) do you have?

Last edited:
20227 is for cat installed but without catalyst and stock muffler. 20226 is for cat bypass and TOR mufflers. I wouldn't mess with the A/F table. make sure you change all the values in the secondaries table to 100%. What exhaust and intake filter(s) do you have?

Hi Dougl,

I have the standard Classic muffler's and the OEM paper filter installed. Only change was the cat bypass that I installed.

If you look at Trading Tunes on this forum, I don't think there is a Tuneboy tune specifically for you're exhaust.

If you look at the F1 fuel table for the 20222 (standard exhaust) and 20226 (TOR/cat bypass) tunes, I think they're the same. With the secondaries open 100%, you've removed the power restriction. Since your exhaust is more restrictive than TOR/cat bypass, it shouldn't be running lean on either 20222 or 20226. Get it tested on a dyno for A/F and power for $50 to see how you're doing.

If you look at Trading Tunes on this forum, I don't think there is a Tuneboy tune specifically for you're exhaust.

If you look at the F1 fuel table for the 20222 (standard exhaust) and 20226 (TOR/cat bypass) tunes, I think they're the same. With the secondaries open 100%, you've removed the power restriction. Since your exhaust is more restrictive than TOR/cat bypass, it shouldn't be running lean on either 20222 or 20226. Get it tested on a dyno for A/F and power for $50 to see how you're doing.

Hi Dougl,

OK. I was looking at the 20226 before, since it specifies for use with cat bypass; wasn't sure with the ramifications between standard pipes/TORs with it though. I'll give it a try just to see how it feels (seat of the pants). Then will look for a Dyno for A/F as you suggested.

I'll look at the tables tonight just to review, before I put it in my Rocket's ECM.

Thanks!

Hi Dougl,OK. I was looking at the 20226 before, since it specifies for use with cat bypass; wasn't sure with the ramifications between standard pipes/TORs with it though. I'll give it a try just to see how it feels (seat of the pants). Then will look for a Dyno for A/F as you suggested. I'll look at the tables tonight just to review, before I put it in my Rocket's ECM. Thanks!

These are all stock Triumph tunes and they're all lean for emissions reasons, so I don't think the 20226 tune is going to be too rich for you.

There are custom tunes that Wayne from Tuneboy did - one was for the TOR/cat bypass exhaust. This tune, which is posted on this forum,

Link Removed

is richer than 20226.

Back