very close call on a ride saturday

Lemieuxfan

Supercharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
was with about 8-10 riders on a perfect day HOG ride but there was a couple non-harleys there as well no issue its not what you ride its that you ride. Everything was going great until what appears to be a bull mastiff ran out from the front then came back right in front of me. Of course our rockets have awesome brakes we rode staggered i drifted to the left avoid animal and in the process rider behind me his brakes appeared to have locked up and he slammed into me.

Thank-god both of us were able to stay on bike; impact was on the (L) muffler barely shows any damage (a very small) dent where his front bars(from 09 ultra classic) hit my left muffler (muffler saved my leg) thank-god. My first accident in over 31k miles and still haven't been down (knock on wood) this was close rider's knee was twisted a bit but appears to be ok is in a brace with pain meds.

I sustained no injuries; was very lucky no question= be safe out there i had plenty distance i know guy who hit me feels awful- he is a good rider maybe most of this maybe on his bad harley brakes who knows..

have insurance claim; i think i won't even have them replace the muffler because the small indention at the tip is barely noticeable. Bracket holding the muffler is only about 20 bucks and the gasket for the muffler 13.. but will have them go over it just to make sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20190928_1121196.jpg
    IMG_20190928_1121196.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Glad it ended with only minor injuries and damage.

If you do want an unblemished muffler I can cross ship you my stock take off for your damaged one, came off at about 3000 miles (early 2015), though shipping will be a good bit given the weight and size.

Let me get back to you on that; I may some day go with the outlaw shorty exhaust the small dent again I will upload a pic you almost can't notice it

Glad it ended with only minor injuries and damage.

If you do want an unblemished muffler I can cross ship you my stock take off for your damaged one, came off at about 3000 miles (early 2015), though shipping will be a good bit given the weight and size.

dealership confirmed i need to replace that left muffler
hey claviger- please PM when you a chance

Last edited:
Back