Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
Quick question, searched the site and couldn’t find any info. Nothing as far as I can find in the manual either. Does anyone know if the valve stems are 11.3mm front and rear on both the Roadster and touring? The reason I ask is that I’m considering on installing TPMS on both bikes and would like to install a T valve stem so that I don’t have to remove the sensors if I need to add air.

Thanks

Sorry the size I’d the hole in the rim is either a 8.3mm or 11.3. Was just wondering if anyone had replaced their valve stems and know the size. I want to order t valve stems but can’t find the data on the proper size. Worst case I’ll wait till I have to do a tire change so I can measure befor I Buy...

Yes sir, they are the shearer valve.. maybe you have a point it’s a common size. Thanks

I replaced my front with a T valve for the TPMS. The rear did not have room for a T, so I just turned it 180 to access easier. This is the first I'm aware of different sizes, so I'd assume what ever is most common will fit? I've got a Roadster. BTW, the TPMS is the second best aftermarket item I've ever put on a bike. Being able to check tire pressure on my phone screen before every ride? fantastic. Getting an audible screeching alert when my rear valve stem broke while going 80mph on the expressway? Unbelievably great. I was pulled over on the shoulder before I lost most of the pressure. lots of options available on Amazon, mine were $100.

I replaced my front with a T valve for the TPMS. The rear did not have room for a T, so I just turned it 180 to access easier. This is the first I'm aware of different sizes, so I'd assume what ever is most common will fit? I've got a Roadster. BTW, the TPMS is the second best aftermarket item I've ever put on a bike. Being able to check tire pressure on my phone screen before every ride? fantastic. Getting an audible screeching alert when my rear valve stem broke while going 80mph on the expressway? Unbelievably great. I was pulled over on the shoulder before I lost most of the pressure. lots of options available on Amazon, mine were $100.

Thanks a bunch, maybe I’ll forgo the t valves if they won’t fit front and rear. No issues.
My thoughts exactly on the warnings and having enough time to pull over. I’m looking at the FOBO Bike sensors, about the same price, around $100. Which system did you go with?

Thanks a bunch, maybe I’ll forgo the t valves if they won’t fit front and rear. No issues.
My thoughts exactly on the warnings and having enough time to pull over. I’m looking at the FOBO Bike sensors, about the same price, around $100. Which system did you go with?
I've got the FOBO, other brands are probably good too though. 4 problem free years so far. New batteries each season help, the systems been a literal life saver. If the tires are just 10% lower, you start to lose a lot of life from them, so these pay for themselves with one set of tires.

And another stupid question: what about the change to the balance with the installation of TPMS ?

I’ve already read watched this issue and due to the weight of the sensors there has been no reported issues. That said on my next tire change I’d leave them on during the process. The main concern is not to use rubber stems.

The T-valve stem on the FOBO website says they will fit 8.3 - 11.3 mm holes. It looks like they have a cone shaped plug allowing them to fit most rims so I expect they would fit the rocket rims.

Back