Valve cover gasket

patrol21

.060 Over
Ride
2009 R3 RAMAIR Intake Full Jardine Exhaust Cor
Seems the gremlins of bad gaskets has found me and my valve cover gasket is going south...started few weeks ago and put some high temp black RTV on the spot for a temp fix and ordered a new gasket...when time permits I would change out....after this weekends ride seems that time has come..LOL. Seems straight forward...couple of quick questions

1) I did not order the screw rubber bits...figured I would just RTV those. Sound sane?
2) Any advise as this looks straight forward job but every time I think that I end up recreating the wheel.
3) I have gutted the intake with RAM air so those parts will not be in the way.

Thanks All...you chaps are the only ones I trust. Facebook page is an ego ..let me tell you about me...and the dealer...well the local cranks I asked some questions in regards to a simple question I got their trained triumph guy who smiled and told he had never worked on an R111 other than to change the oil...LOL

The most awkward part is gettin the valve cover Screws off at the front , the rest is pretty straightforward specialy with the Ramair fitted. I reused the rubbers with no problems and no RTV. I remember a tip on the site to use a drop of super glue to hold the gasket in place at the curve where the cams are. (think it came from Warp)

Now it's gushing oil

Capture.JPG

Good stuff. I like that I soak all this stuff up like a sponge but I can watch a movie several times for the first time. :)

The most awkward part is gettin the valve cover Screws off at the front , the rest is pretty straightforward specialy with the Ramair fitted. I reused the rubbers with no problems and no RTV. I remember a tip on the site to use a drop of super glue to hold the gasket in place at the curve where the cams are. (think it came from Warp)
No sir I can not take credit for that tip as it was sage advice from Neville Lush himself.

Three Bond is a brand of silicone high temperature gasket sealer, the "D" s are the cutouts in the ends of the cylinder head from the camshaft machining common to most OHC heads.

Three Bond is a brand of silicone high temperature gasket sealer, the "D" s are the cutouts in the ends of the cylinder head from the camshaft machining common to most OHC heads.
Thanks, so he's recommending High Temp silicone in place of regular silicone I guess.

Back