Utopia back rest for the R3T...another option

1BigDog

Gone to the Dogs!
Ride
Size 12 Bates, extra wide
http://www.utpr.com/rocket.html

I just thought I'd post this for those Tourer owners looking for a back rest. As I posted before in the Tourer section, I had sent my stock Tourer seat off to Utopia to design a back rest for the Tourer model. All they had was a design for the classic and standard, none for the Tourer. Well, now they are offering one for the Tourer. For 225 bucks its a cheaper (price wise) option then getting the Long Haul seat and back rest. As an R/D project mine was considerably less. When I get it ill post on how it feels. I have had a Utopia back rest on another bike and they are first rate. They have been around a long time and the owner, Bob always responded quickly to any questions I may have had. There is a pic of my seat on the link at the bottom of the website page.

Shipping notification says the seat will be here Friday. Ill mount it Sat and give an unbiased review.

Last edited:
triumphIIItourpad.jpg
Got the seat mounted this morning. The back rest and its components are all first class and well constructed. I added the 1" set back for us larger guys and it feels great. Im taking the bike to work soon so ill give my road test review and some pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
So, 40 miles later I love it. I no longer have to hang on for my life. The back rest holds me in place nicely. Next step is to have Utopia make me a matching back rest for the sissy bar. They are wider then the stock ones and give better support.

Back