Using existing accessory harnesses

nolton

Living Legend
Ride
2009 black standard
The wire diagram shows several accessory connections. Fuel gauge, Heated grips, Clock, accessory lights and socket.
Which of these connections are not powered by the key switch and which connections could cause other problems if used other than their intended use? Example: connecting to the fuel gauge accessory plug could cause problems seeing that it is connected to the engine management relay and the fuel pump relay.
Where could I find the mate harness for these connections without having to by the accessory?

Most of the connector on our bikes are call Euro style connectors I'm sure a man with your talents should be able to source them as for which of the rockets plugs to use ...... What are you planning to use them for Hi or Low current if Hi you could probally use clock accessory light sockets as a low draw relay switching source

I would like to use them for whatever instead of running new wires.
Where is the connection located for the accessory plug (cigarette lighter)?

I would like to use them for whatever instead of running new wires.
Where is the connection located for the accessory plug (cigarette lighter)?

I believe it is behind left plastic cover behind engine
I just ran a fused water resistant socket available at good marine shops on along enought lead from battery, it stays behind battery when not in use or in old air box when connects to GPS or I can run it out under side of seat when camping to charge mobile phone

Take a picture of the connecter next to a tape measure in to your local Auto electrician or Auto accessary shop

LMAO!!!!!!!

Local ?????

If you only knew how uneducated, back wood "from the bush" this town is.
When I moved here back in '91 they were 30 years behind everyone else. Now they are still about 20 years. Thats why I use the internet. Thats why I ask you good men.

Example: About half that have showed interest in my bike, asked who makes Triumph.:eek:

LMAO!!!!!!!

Local ?????

If you only knew how uneducated, back wood "from the bush" this town is.
When I moved here back in '91 they were 30 years behind everyone else. Now they are still about 20 years. Thats why I use the internet. Thats why I ask you good men.

Example: About half that have showed interest in my bike, asked who makes Triumph.:eek:

Oh My Gawd, you are kidding righto you win you do have backward town I love when can I move in, I love old fashioned values, as long as they come with good fashioned attitude to friendlyness

Back