US Oodle website.

TOMCAT

Rage against the machine
Ride
2009 RIII Standard - 2008 Speed Triple -1995 900 T'Bird
Been looking on the OODLE website at US motorcycles for sale. Seems the exact same bikes are listed by a number of different people in different locations. Anyone know what's going on .. seems strange or is it just another scam and the bike listed doesn't actually exist ? Appreciate advice from anyone in the know .. thanks.

Never heard of the OODLE site, TC, but Wikipedia describes it as the largest classified aggregator on the planet, so I'm pretty certain that would explain the duplicate/inaccurate listings in some manner. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oodle

Last edited:
Seem to list a lot of well priced bikes ... it also seems it's the rarer and more desirable ones that have the multiple listings. Bikes like a first model Bonneville and a couple of mid-60's TT models (must be listed under four different names and locations ... and the asking price is different as well .. obviously the same bike as photos are identical) Wonder that the site owners aren't after a 'please explain" as it looks really dodgy.

Found this info i don't know if it will help ... http://www.oodle.com/info/marketplace

Our mutual friend is now sending me photos of more of his bikes .. think he's trying to torment me or some f#ckin thing :cool: Write his wife a letter warning her of the dangers of geriatrics teararsing around on vintage motorcycles will you .. I don't have the heart .. hahahahaha

Last edited:
Our mutual friend is now sending me photos of more his bikes .. think he's trying to torment me or some f#ckin thing :cool: Write his wife a letter warning her of the dangers of geriatrics teararsing around on vintage motorcycles will you .. I don't have the heart .. hahahahaha
:D Yeah you better watch out he just might call you up planing a Australian bike trip with you. If he does tell him to bring the 850 with him...;)

I would be very suspicious about the postings with the same bike and different contact info. That smacks of phishing for a sucker.

Often see multiple listings for the same bike (assume the website owners allow it cause it boosts the number of 'bikes for sale'... I guess)
Sure does seem suspicious when it's the same bikes different owner/location and price.
Likes been said it smacks of "come in spinner" as we say here in Australia.

Reality is a bike purchased in the States has to be at least $5,000 cheaper than what we can buy a similar machine here to warrant the costs and effort of importing/local compliance /import duties etc ... and it seems the risks of encountering a dodgy seller :cool:

Mate,
What are you looking for in a classic?
I can check some of my sources if you wish?

Back