Jonah.R3

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III, 2004 Suzuki SV650
Hello all,

I removed the motor from the frame of my 2007 rocket III classic (silver). I have a transmission problem and since the trans is located in the lower half of the engine I am going to glip this guy upside down to work on it. I will be installing new undercut shafts with a billet 4th gear anf some nice wide snap rings. Does anyone have a recommendation on a way(or specific stand) to hold this motor upside down and stable??
Thanks in advance!

-Jonah

Attachments

• 20180408_101043.jpg
    20180408_101043.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180408_101029.jpg
    20180408_101029.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 9
I got a laugh out of that. I was hoping to have the area above the motor free of chains or anything to obstruct access or view. I think you may he right though.
Hello all,

I removed the motor from the frame of my 2007 rocket III classic (silver). I have a transmission problem and since the trans is located in the lower half of the engine I am going to glip this guy upside down to work on it. I will be installing new undercut shafts with a billet 4th gear anf some nice wide snap rings. Does anyone have a recommendation on a way(or specific stand) to hold this motor upside down and stable??
Thanks in advance!

-Jonah
Won't the blood rush to your head while you're working on it?

Seriously though, I'd use an engine hoist and suspend it from a chain.
prod_15464311

just the right size garbage can:whitstling::unsure:
it works on automatic transmissions when u need to pull the pump w/o the rest falling apart.

See ! Rather go to the expense of lift hoists , engine cranes or cradles , it's much easier to build a log cabin , nice sofa or two , blazing fire , angle poise lamp ( very sought after in black , but more so in green ) . And a giant muffin on which to place your calms scented candles and assorted antique salt glazed vessels ! :D

Back