Uprated C;utch parts.

Pablouk

R3Triker
Ride
2008 Rocket 3 with 2015 motor
I have been advised by my local Triumph dealer that if I fit any uprated clutch parts i need to get these bits replaced with steel parts also.

I have been advised by my local Triumph dealer that if I fit any uprated clutch parts i need to get these bits replaced with steel parts also.
T1170029 - no 24,

T3550236 – no 27

T1170021 – no 11

Uprated clutch will require these parts uprating as well.

Attachments

• Clutch.jpg
    Clutch.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 25
Sounds very fishy, I'm assuming they think you have the old needle bearing which was superseded in around early 06.
But if they do, then why aren't they saying replace the bearing too. The bits they've named are the pressure plate, lifter piece/pullrod, washer only. And you don't need that washer with the new versions of the other 3 parts.... also, replace them with steel? The lifter and the washer are already steel.
This guy sounds like he hasn't got a scooby doo.

In your 2015 engine you have all the latest clutch bits, and imo updating fibers, springs and outer basket do not require changing those bits your Triumph guy listed.

From another thread;

For engines older than #249177 (04-06 silver engines primarily), i.e. with the needle roller thrust bearing T1170029, you should get these parts also;
  • 1no. New clutch lifter piece T1172023
  • 1no. New lifter shaft T1170041
  • 1no. camchain tensioning guide T1142048
  • 1no. Pressure plate ball bearing T1170067
  • 1no. Pressure plate T1170061
  • 1no. Wavy washer T3550380

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity whats the price of pot over their. You dealer/parts guy would know he has to be stoned.
I'd listen to R3RTURBO yours has a black motor and a 06 so it has the 0203 lifterpiece so you want the 2023 newest lifter piece. Since you clutch basket dhowed signs of strain I think I would order the new ball roller bearing just for saftey. You got some heavy use on the first one. And all these items are inexpensive copare to other parts. Also if you are doing the wrenching when I do my clutch I ordered two cover gaskets. They're cheap. And then you have a extra which means you never need it :) kind of like insurance:)

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity whats the price of pot over their. You dealer/parts guy would know he has to be stoned.
I'd listen to R3RTURBO yours has a black motor and a 06 so it has the 0203 lifterpiece so you want the 2023 newest lifter piece. Since you clutch basket dhowed signs of strain I think I would order the new ball roller bearing just for saftey. You got some heavy use on the first one. And all these items are inexpensive copare to other parts. Also if you are doing the wrenching when I do my clutch I ordered two cover gaskets. They're cheap. And then you have a extra which means you never need it :) kind of like insurance:)
Cheers the Engine is a 15 so should be the latest part

Sounds very fishy, I'm assuming they think you have the old needle bearing which was superseded in around early 06.
But if they do, then why aren't they saying replace the bearing too. The bits they've named are the pressure plate, lifter piece/pullrod, washer only. And you don't need that washer with the new versions of the other 3 parts.... also, replace them with steel? The lifter and the washer are already steel.
This guy sounds like he hasn't got a scooby doo.

In your 2015 engine you have all the latest clutch bits, and imo updating fibers, springs and outer basket do not require changing those bits your Triumph guy listed.

From another thread;

For engines older than #249177 (04-06 silver engines primarily), i.e. with the needle roller thrust bearing T1170029, you should get these parts also;
  • 1no. New clutch lifter piece T1172023
  • 1no. New lifter shaft T1170041
  • 1no. camchain tensioning guide T1142048
  • 1no. Pressure plate ball bearing T1170067
  • 1no. Pressure plate T1170061
  • 1no. Wavy washer T3550380
Cheers ill find out when i get the thing apart

Back