Upper Fork Yoke Roadster 2014 removal

Mr G

The Caretaker
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
I plan to fit Rivco risers to my Roadster and instead of taking off the clutch cable and rerouting the throttle cables to behind the upper yoke I am thinking of just removing the upper fork yoke and tucking the cables behind it .
Am I right in thinking that the yoke comes off by loosening the side clamps and the big nut in the middle and it just slides off or is there more to it and its a bad idea .
Thanks in advance .

Last edited:
I plan to fit Rivco risers to my Roadster and instead of taking off the clutch cable and rerouting the throttle cables to behind the upper yoke I am thinking of just removing the upper fork yoke and tucking the cables behind it .
Am I right in thinking that the yoke comes off by loosening the side clamps and the big nut in the middle and it just slides off or is there more to it and its a bad idea .
Thanks in advance .
I think the ignition barrel may be bolted to the underside with shear bolts. Which will have to be drilled out.

You're correct that the pinch bolts and centre nut loosen the top yoke for removal.The ignition isn't fixed to the top yoke.

Or you could loosen the yoke pinch bolts, slide the front tube down, relocate the cables & wiring, slide the tube back up and secure.

Remove the front wheel and axle first.

Or you could loosen the yoke pinch bolts, slide the front tube down, relocate the cables & wiring, slide the tube back up and secure.

Remove the front wheel and axle first.
Never even thought of that one , Thanks .

Back