Update on "unexpected" stall issue with new 15' R3T

Redwings01

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket III Tour
On previous posts, I've commented about my new R3T stalling during deceleration/down shifting. I recently installed the "stock and slip on" tune. (368). Bike came from the dealer with (367) installed. I've put a few hundred miles on the bike since the (368) install and it has not stalled once. Don't know why, it just hasn't. Just keeping everyone up to date.

On previous posts, I've commented about my new R3T stalling during deceleration/down shifting. I recently installed the "stock and slip on" tune. (368). Bike came from the dealer with (367) installed. I've put a few hundred miles on the bike since the (368) install and it has not stalled once. Don't know why, it just hasn't. Just keeping everyone up to date.

Thanks for the update. I had my 500 mile service two weekends ago and I have put about another 250 miles on in since and I haven't had any issues thus far. But prior tho that it has happened to me 4 times all on the down shift. Dealer says they have 15 R3T still on deck trying to find an issue.

They say triumph isn't really giving them anything to go on. I guess they got it to happen 1 time on the R3T and it isn't throwing a code which makes it more difficult to pinpoint. I talked to a tech today and he said triumph suggested something in the engine, so I think they are going to pull the R3T apart and see. If I hear anything I'll post about it. They said they will pick mine up and keep it for the winter and try to figure it out.

I wouldn't let them take anything apart concerning this issue, you're inviting a tech to do bad things.

It is caused by 1 thing: Miss adjusted IAC combined with TPS sensor not calibrated. These are things they do on the 500 mile service. If you look on the other thread there are a TON of people who had a few stalls pre initial 500 mile service and after that service it never happened again.

It is an electronics issue, not a mechanical one.

I know many take it in for the 500 mile or any other service, but I try NEVER to take it to the dealer unless I have no other choice. I find of all the cars, bikes, boats, etc. I've owner, taking it back to the dealer is asking for more trouble. I have never in 30 years had a warranty issued denied because of my meticulous maintenance and record keeping. I know there are good dealers out there, but I've ran into more bad then good. My.machines invariably come back with at a minimum a good scratch somewhere, or at maximum, oh don't even ask me what a dealer did to a previous Suzuki Bandit of mine. I will learn how to make those adjustments myself!

That method made sense right up until ECUs with parameters that need adjustment at first service are involved on a vehicle with a locked ECU that only the dealer can access.

Granted the R3 ecu can be accesssed, but some other triumphs can't be. I'm with you on avoiding dealers as much as reasonably possible.

My '14 had the stalling issue and it too was the TPS not set right. dealer had it for a few minutes and fixed it. I was told this is a factory settign to meet EPA rules in the US. Regardless, the computer fixed it straight away.

Back