Unused quick connects under gas tank

Tazithman

I'm not a real mechanic but I play one on TV
Ride
2007 Triumph Rocket Classic touring
Hey all, I'm still new to Triumphs so forgive the ignorance but I ran into some unused electrical disconnects under the gas tank of my '07 while I was running wire for underglows and was curious what they were for.

All 3 are in the same spot and come straight out of the woring harness toward the front of the engine bay. I would upload a picture but Im not "board savy".

Im hoping one is an unused switched connector that i can plug my radio into when it shows up.

Im guessing the fog light connector is hot whenever the ignition switch is on?

Im guessing the fog light connector is hot whenever the ignition switch is on?

The fog light connector it three prong. One wire is hot, one for ground and one for switch to the relay. The other connectors with two prong is hot and ground with switching on and off tied to the ignition key.

Hey all, I'm still new to Triumphs so forgive the ignorance but I ran into some unused electrical disconnects under the gas tank of my '07 while I was running wire for underglows and was curious what they were for.

All 3 are in the same spot and come straight out of the woring harness toward the front of the engine bay. I would upload a picture but Im not "board savy".

Im hoping one is an unused switched connector that i can plug my radio into when it shows up.
Radio its a Rocket not some kind of Hardley will run Davidson which would make it a heavy boom box. More important things like suspension to be concerned with. I'm guessing if your worried about a stereo you will be keeping the stock exhaust so you can hear the music. S.h.i.t. not sure whether a car tire would be considered worse or not. Have fun, when you have problems just turn the radio up ;)

Radio its a Rocket not some kind of Hardley will run Davidson which would make it a heavy boom box. More important things like suspension to be concerned with. I'm guessing if your worried about a stereo you will be keeping the stock exhaust so you can hear the music. S.h.i.t. not sure whether a car tire would be considered worse or not. Have fun, when you have problems just turn the radio up ;)

I do plan on keeping exhaust stock and love how quiet the bike is at cruising speed. I also like to listen to music, and I hate using earbuds on the interstate. So that leaves me with installing a radio.

Back