unplugging o2 sensor with slip on

lenp1991

Standard Bore
Ride
yamaha r3
I encourage everyone to try this and give me your feedback on a few of the same result I do not have a Power Commander and what I did was unplug the 02 sensor, And put a nonrestrictive slip on on. The result is more power constant power and the engine seems to run a hell of a lot cooler my fans don't come on Hardly. How this works is o2 sensor tells your engine to run lean, This is strictly for emissions it has nothing to do with engine life or engine reliability, When you unplug the 02 sensor the computer reverts to the open loop system where it does not get feedback so it reverse to running rich all yamama r3s run rich on start up And then 02 sensor once warmed up leans the bike out, What happens when you unplug it is you consistently get a richer fuel mixture so if you have a slip on or less restrictive muffler or high flow air filter it will not run lean which is more harmful than running rich. Running lean which most bikes come from the factory doing can burn valves and makes the engine run a lot hotter, So anyone who tries this it is on the same side as the shifter you have to take a small piece of the fairing off... the black fairing and then take the coolant reservoir off which is very easy and then you get to a harness with a see through rubber wrap witch has plugs and other sensors in it the plug for the 02 sensor has 4 wires 2 black 1 white 1 blue and is square, You can trace this back to the 02 sensor to verify, I did not unplug my battery while doing this which if you do the computer will lose memory and restart and instantly run richer instead I left mine connect it so it looks slowly run richer and richer over a few hour period till it gets to its max, By the way after doing this I ran it for a few hours and ran it hard and noticed an increase of power and also when I got done I unscrewed my oil cap and made sure it wasn't running so rich that it was leaking down into the oil and it wasn't I had no gas smell in the oil so everything is fine. It's highly Unlikely for that to happen on any bike it's more of am issue with cars I just wanted to be sure . So try but I would not do it unless you have a less restrictive exhaust or a high flow air filter this is an alternative to getting a Power Commander or if you just want your bike to run cooler. Also it definitely definitely definitely will not throw a code. Mine did not not even after 8 hours, You can always plug it right back in after if you don't like it.

I think you and your O2 sensor are on different pages Mate.
it is on the same side as the shifter you have to take a small piece of the fairing off...
The O2 sensor is plugged into the exhaust pipe just in front of the muffler .

Back