Ken Attwood

Standard Bore
Ride
2012 Rocket 3 Touring
Hi guys from a newbie R3T owner in UK.

Today i fitted a pair of TORs and a RamAir kit, and did the 12 minute tune.

All seems well at the moment although the heavens opened so test ride will happen tomorrow.

What's next . . . TuneEcu downloaded, cable ready. Which tune should i use on my otherwise standard Rocket??

I would suggest starting with the tune found in the "R3T Derestricting" thread that is just a search away. Be sure to hold on tight when you take the bike out for a ride. I would also suggest not riding it too much without the tune, since you have already changed the intake and exhaust.

FWIW.
Improve the intake to "unleash" your exhaust mods?

Go to the resources tab up top and look for the Tune labeled blah blah blah Nels Touring tune or something along those lines. . He tweaked my 2013 R3T with RamAir and Tors to build that tune. It should work fine in yours. The key word you are looking for is Nels.

bob

Hi guys from a newbie R3T owner in UK.

Today i fitted a pair of TORs and a RamAir kit, and did the 12 minute tune.

All seems well at the moment although the heavens opened so test ride will happen tomorrow.

What's next . . . TuneEcu downloaded, cable ready. Which tune should i use on my otherwise standard Rocket??

Sorry 12 minute tunes only good for idle/real low revs really has no effect on tuning.

Next and cheapest step is Tune ECU and a cable. New map and open up secondary throttles. Then your on the way to unleashing it.

After that as above with Viking crossover pipe.

Back