Unkown Indiicator Light

zenbiker

Zenbiker
Ride
2021 R3 GT
On my 2007 R3 Classic. there is an indicator light that is staying on (orange) located at the bottom left of the left side pod ( speedometer). It is orange an right next to an engine graphic.
What is this!?
Another question: While changing my rear brake pads, I displaced some strange looking spring or tension device that slipped out of the rear caliper caliper from above the rear pads and disc. I tried to push it back in but had no satisfying closure click.
What is this? I certainly do not want to remove the caliper for this easy brake pad replacement. I think this maybe a vibratiion suppressor for the rear pads.
Thanks!

On my 2007 R3 Classic. there is an indicator light that is staying on (orange) located at the bottom left of the left side pod ( speedometer). It is orange an right next to an engine graphic.
What is this!?
Another question: While changing my rear brake pads, I displaced some strange looking spring or tension device that slipped out of the rear caliper caliper from above the rear pads and disc. I tried to push it back in but had no satisfying closure click.
What is this? I certainly do not want to remove the caliper for this easy brake pad replacement. I think this maybe a vibratiion suppressor for the rear pads.
Thanks!

First the orage light sounds like the low fuel light. You fuel level sensor in the tank.might be going bad. They had a new style on in the update kit. Secongd question on the rear brake thats most likely the anti rattle spring.

First the orage light sounds like the low fuel light. You fuel level sensor in the tank.might be going bad. They had a new style on in the update kit. Secongd question on the rear brake thats most likely the anti rattle spring.

Yes and Yes. The spring does not "click" into place. It maintains tension on the pad. The fuel level sensor can be fixed but must be removed from the fuel tank to do it. A cheap fix is don't worry about it, use your trip meter to refuel (about 160 to 180 works well). Reset to zero at after refueling.

Agree. But I use 140 as That is teh gotta geet gas miles with my throttle. Still riding with some ****** rocket riders and it's heavier than most

Agree. But I use 140 as That is teh gotta geet gas miles with my throttle. Still riding with some ****** rocket riders and it's heavier than most

Ride with a herd of Harley's and you'll get over 200 miles before the idiot light comes on, happened to me in 2009....

Thanks all. It's not the fuel light which is on the right side instrument cluster. In any case the light went out after several minutes of engine running.
About that anti-rattle thing...I can just slip it back under the caliper with no problem?

Back