Walking Tall

.060 Over
Ride
2018 Phantom Black R3R
So, I had the dealer swap the stock exhaust for the tor pipes and now they look uneven. The left side hangs a good one inch lower than the right. When I asked the mechanic who worked on my bike about it, he basically told me that there's only one way they go on and I got the impression that I'm going to have to live with it. I think I'll bring it up with the service department manager. Anyone else notice this issue with the tor's?

Attachments

• 20181008_161632.jpg
    20181008_161632.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 5
Take it back and have them straighten the stuff oit . Or get under and loosen the clamps and straighten it out yourself. Other then that I can only suggest you tilt your head so they look straight :) welcome to the nut house head NUTTER here :)

Funny thing, I was going to ask the same question, but about my Jardine system. It too is a bit crocked, and the only way I can see to adjust it, would be to slot the mounting hole on one side. Anybody else notice this with Jardine system? Now of course, it could be my head that's crocked...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

You can probably fix it by loosening all the clamps till they wiggle then twist both sides till they are even,
right side down, left side up, in your case.

I agree. Pretty slack as you say especially since their 'ace' mechanic was the one who put the pipes on. I spoke with the service manager and he said bring it in and they'll try to fix it.

hi the very same thing happened when I put a crossover pipe on mine and after loosening the clamp and a fair bit of jiggling got the pipe to fit properly ....no sweat just a couple of minutes of careful manipulation

Back