Under bear claw filters

dave64

Mr
Ride
Triumph Roadster 2010
Ok i am going to do the K & N RU-2780 filters under the bear claw , is it a must that the crank case breather and temp sensor need a K & N filter or can the just be a paper filter ?
Where is the best place to purchase and if in OZ better as i would like to get this done quick . I can't be stuffed trying to get the pipe work back on under the tank what a joke of a design that is . When i get it all up and running i will have a under seat K & N filter for sale done 500ks .

I cut a small hole in one of the K&N filters on the top (not the filter element itself) that mounts to the throttle body to accept the temp sensor. Just push the sensor in the hole that was cut into the rubber of the filter and it will hold it in place. Technically its not in the direct air flow but it sure is close. I did however mount the small filter to the crankcase breather. Another option in which I will do eventually is run a hose from the crank case breather port to the top of one K&N filters. This will allow the suction of the throttle body pull the gases out of the crankcase into the engine cyclinder and burn the gases up. The way it was intended. Two or three members have already installed this mod.

Here is a picture of Rocket Scientist's bike. The filter closest to the front has the sensor mounted. The second filter has the crankcase breather hose attached.
47560_56623c49d8e781713de5829dc3384aab.png

Here is a picture of Rocket Scientist's bike. The filter closest to the front has the sensor mounted. The second filter has the crankcase breather hose attached.
47560_56623c49d8e781713de5829dc3384aab.png

Thanks mate , this looks like the way to go . Does the temp sensor wires allow it to reach ?

Thanks mate , this looks like the way to go . Does the temp sensor wires allow it to reach ?

I believe I had to add some wire but I can't remember .... it's been about six years since I did this mod. If you have to add wire there really not much to it. I always solder and use heat shrink. Good luck.

Ok i am going to do the K & N RU-2780 filters under the bear claw , is it a must that the crank case breather and temp sensor need a K & N filter or can the just be a paper filter ?
Where is the best place to purchase and if in OZ better as i would like to get this done quick . I can't be stuffed trying to get the pipe work back on under the tank what a joke of a design that is . When i get it all up and running i will have a under seat K & N filter for sale done 500ks .

I have used foam stuffed into the breather hole at the bottom of the stock air box for four years with no problems.
I clean it along with my filters and the tools I now carry in there stay clean.

I have used foam stuffed into the breather hole at the bottom of the stock air box for four years with no problems.
I clean it along with my filters and the tools I now carry in there stay clean.

I was thinking of doing something like this , sounds easier than trying to get a filter on that tube or running a hose up to the filters .

thanks

I was thinking of doing something like this , sounds easier than trying to get a filter on that tube or running a hose up to the filters .
thanks

It definitely is!
My brand new K&N filter has sat collecting dust for 4 years.
If I ever remove the old battery box for something I shall reconsider . . .

Back