Unbelievable - shoddy dealer work

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
IMG_0731.JPG
IMG_0145.JPG

Complements of Honda Of Tulsa. This was a simple carry in. Talked to service department and was basically told tough luck. Took it to work tonight and dye pen damage area. No cracks at least. Talked to store owner a few hours later and was told he will investigate the matter. Investigate what? I have no idea. They say not responsible for painted rims getting scratched. WTF. Mad not at all. Highly pissed and ready to roll. Wife took the tire and rim in for me. She called and warned me before coming home. Now i am going to use some touch up paint and mount tire. Then i will pull the front tire and check balance job with this.

Have about 10 weights on rim after they said they balanced it. Past tires balanced myself. Never used more than five weights with various brands and sizes of tires. Folks tires mounted are Avon Chromes. Not a cheap tire. Got a feeling they Fu$ked that up also. Rim damage appears to be just cosmetic but we are talking a Rocket X rim. Either way still on for Maggie valley.

Last edited:
Naw respect bikes to much for that. $953.00 and some change for replacement rim for the X. I can get my money back one or two ways. Ain't playing.

Last edited:
That is some bad chit. I'll bet the balancing is way way off too. I had something similar with a Harley wheel and tire a long time ago. Paid to have tire mounted, came back with weights on both sides of wheel. They said it was because it was a cheap tire. When I put the wheel on, I left it jacked up, and ran it up in first gear. It almost shook itself off the jack. Wound up taking all the weights off, and it was fine. I think they might have done it because I didn't buy the tire from them, maybe? I now use Ride-on in everything.o_O

The place that does my tyres is adamant that most M/C tyre machines are simply NOT man enough for the R3 rear. That and the rims have a very shallow rim well inside. They use a special remover that is designed for operation on very custom car rims with ultra low profile rubber.

Back