Ultimate ride home this morning

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Worked a 12 hour shift the last couple of days and this morning coming home dog tired and worn out at three A.M. Guess what we found on one of the bridges between Okmuggle and Henryetta? Not one ,not two but three full sized very frighten DEER. I just about $raped my pants. One ran in front of me ,the other beside me and the third was coming from the rear. Braking hard and trying to avoid all three was over the top. Ended up completely stopped and $amn near sitting sideways on the bike. How i missed all three i have no idea. Do know that the beer I am drinking now taste like one of the best in my life. Good brakes, Good lights and a lot of luck is all i can say. Threw the bike over by $amn near sitting as far left as i could. My butt was not even on the seat. Missed the one from the rear by inches. Funny I had just checked the odometer and turned 40,000 miles. That is on a 2015 Rocket X bought in Oct (2015) Sure glad it happened after I had a few miles on the bike and felt confident in riding it. Dam@ it. I is one lucky fool.

Well sonny you got to take a slice of good luck when it comes your way , and 40,000 miles already on your x tells me your riding skills came into force ,well done mate !
Darn good skills indeed. Keeping your head together and not freaking out only comes from time in the seat.
I don't think antlers would make a good front fender embellisher.

I is one lucky fool.
:thumbsup: - When I was in the UK - riding over to see some of the IronButt guys - I had a scare when a family of deer walked out of the trees about 20feet ahead of me. About 130kph - damp road. Thankfully they only wanted to look and not play.

Congrats man. I've had a "how the hell did I not just get impaled by that stags giant rack" incident as well, I swear to god his head was about 2 inches from my helmet as I passed by at around 60mph.

Glad you (on the X) made it out f this one unscathed.

Still shaking my head about it. How i ended up sideways on the highway and %utt hanging off the seat i have no clue. Dam3 near dumped it when i stopped. The Daymakers on brights saved my #ss again. No substitute would have gave me the time to maneuver that crowd. I'm going to write them and say THANK YOU.

Back