Uknown Map type 20093

Fenners

Supercharged
Ride
2006 Rocket 3 Classic
Hello everyone,
Just bought a RamAir kit which I will fit once it arrives. I have a Campbell 1 in to 6 exhaust system fitted to the stock header (3 cans either side with a cat delete).

Ok here is my current situation. I bought the Lonelec cable and thought play safe and save the current map. Then tweak the RPM and top speed and copy the I3 maps to open the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear settings. I was still unclear if setting the secondary's to 100% would give me any benefit, so intended to hold fire on these until after seeing the results of the above?

In my case everything stalled at the first hurdle. the Lonelec cable seemed to connect ok and I got the flashing green light - however when I tried to read the ECU map I got a warning - Unknown Map type. The number is given as 20093.

When I visited my local Triumph dealer recently they indicated that the Bike requires 2 recalls; one for the fuel filler cap seal and the other for an Idle problem.

I am thinking that the recall for the idle may lead to a new map being loaded possibly 20227 or 20228. Therefore I may need to wait and see what happens after the recall before changing anything.

Has anyone else had the same problem of having an unknown map type? Can I load a new map over the top of this?

Does anyone have a map that I could use after fitting the RamAir?

My rocket is a 2006 Classic.

I'd go ahead and wait for I think it's SOP for the dealer to read the ECU and flash the latest factory tune unless you tell them not to change it. And being you are going to tweak anyway...tweak whatever they put in there....and get double benefit from the ancient tune that's in there being gone...it's possible that TuneECU thinks this tune is obsolete...or the extraction got corrupted someway.....nevertheless....let the dealer flash it and you tweak what he gives you. I do know TuneECU will accept 20227 and 20228 happily. I really am not sure why you got that error but it will all go away when the dealer addresses your recalls. Tell him what mods you've made and he may give you are TORS tune which is a little bit better than stock...not that it's even close for a Carpenter setup, but it might give you something to work with....and I think you could certainly throw the secondaries wide open...you'll need the air to fill that Carpenter pipe up.

Thanks RocketJohn for your prompt reply.
You are confirming my own thoughts, it makes sense to allow Triumph to update the Map first:cool:

On the other question would you have a map that could be used with RamAir and Aftermarket mufflers?:)

Here are some pictures of the Campbell exhaust
upload_2018-5-23_11-5-20.jpeg

upload_2018-5-23_11-5-52.jpeg

upload_2018-5-23_11-6-27.jpeg

Campbell has not designed a header for the Rocket so may at some stage need to look further afield.
Before you ask I do not know the cost or weight as they were already on when I bought her.

I don't have a tune for Roadsters and Classics to be sure. I ride a touring...a different beast.

Back