I would tray a buffer pad on a drill will the red polishing paste then get another bad and do the white past . But if the red polishing past doesnt remove the scratches then I would do wet sand paper and then the polishing past.
I would go this route next time myself because once you commit to a sand paper that will remove that stuff youve got some serious work ahead of you to get to mirror finish. Lot of grades to work

Sanding to a chrome finish is what i did, it will take off factory finish ofcourse. it took days not hours, i went above 2000 all wet
I bought my R3T with the same scars. Must be hereditary. That is quite a nice sanding job! Did you treat the metal with any protective coating afterwards?

My r3t with 30000 mi came with some rough looking lower legs. Im wondering what to do short of replacing. I can live with it for now. Im leaning towards using finer, and finer wet sanding. Im open to ideas tho.
What I'm curious about is your screen name, it looks like something spelled backwards, but that doesn't seem to be the case. ;)

Its been a long time since I did this but I once chemically stripped the clear coat off the break & clutch levers on my C109T. Very fast. I then polished them to a mirror finish with Mothers. More recently, I polished and then sealed my R3T rear wheel with sharkhide sealer. I don't know how hard any of that would be on fork legs but I can tell you it's a little tricky applying sharkhide because it dries crazy fast.

Funny how there is some hidden inner structure to words, certain combinations must not naturally occur, that words spelled backwards generally stand out as such. I see it in street and town names fairly often.

Back