AwesomeDad

.020 Over
Ride
Concours 14
I am noticing a trend. Alot of us on here gravitate to the same style bikes. I can almost guarantee we have had in our garage at one time or another a Honda Valkyrie or an M109R or similar "muscle" bike. I have ridden bikes for close to 30yrs and made the same transition as most. Dirtbike, sport bike, cruiser, touring, sport touring etc... Spent almost 10 years on an Ultra classic (my one and only Harley) got tired of the weight and currently ride a Concours 14 testing the sport touring platform. I had started my research for our next bike and had really narrowed it down to either a BMW R1250RT or possibly a K1600 variant. When low and behold I came a across the R3 GT! this bike is what I tried to get my Valkyrie and M109R to become... So I look forward to all the great information and will post in the 2.5L board my specific questions.... And its good see some familiar faces from my other groups...

JJ

Welcome to the nut house !!!!!

Unlike you I owned Kawasaki KE125 in the late 70's but no valk or 109 or hardley. Not sure if I want to give up my speedy suspension, or less power, so I haven't made my mind up yet on the new ones. Time and how well they hold up will tell. Enjoy and ride safe

Welcome to the nut house !!!!!

Unlike you I owned Kawasaki KE125 in the late 70's but no valk or 109 or hardley. Not sure if I want to give up my speedy suspension, or less power, so I haven't made my mind up yet on the new ones. Time and how well they hold up will tell. Enjoy and ride safe
I started on a Honda trail 70 went thru several sport bikes and cruisers. Me and the Mrs enjoy our time out on two wheels so 2up comfort is a must but aesthetically I really like the R3. But I’m also in a position to keep my current touring bike and add an R3GT...

JJ

create.gif

What part r u in
And welcome to the nut house

I started on a Honda trail 70 went thru several sport bikes and cruisers. Me and the Mrs enjoy our time out on two wheels so 2up comfort is a must but aesthetically I really like the R3. But I’m also in a position to keep my current touring bike and add an R3GT...

JJ
Cool I started on a Trail 70 too. My wife rides her own so I’m unlimited as to what I can consider for purchase. This new bike is quite a toy. Ride one and let us know what you think.:thumbsup:

Back